World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Not Llanstephan but Ferryside (same horse different jockey), 2/3 hook paternoster small hooks (Aberdeens) & mudworm crammed on each! No griplead & stick 6/8 flourescent yellow/green beads on each hooklength, cast downstream and across & let it drag up slowly with the tide. My best catch at Ferryside in a match was 26lb of flounders :D & they all went back in only 2 went belly up, & the shitehawks ate them!

I

·
0 Posts
llanstephan that place took me ages to get to in our motorhome honest i tell you it was never ending i was 44 going there 46 coming home and i never caught anything ....

M

·
0 Posts
Hi Guys,

I work just 6 miles up the road from Llanstephan and believe or not have'nt seriously fished there. I did try out my new Storm Shads (at the time) back in the summer on an outward tide (during my dinner break !!!) with no result, as much expected.

However, I am informed that it is good for Bass, perhaps not so much now but spring/summer time, and flounder. The spot to get to is apparently opposite the steps on the beach down at the Car Park end. What bait is favoured I do not know.

I have also been told that there are alot of stealing crabs there !!!!!

By the way, Ferryside is another little village directly opposite Llansteffan on the other side of the Towy esturay which takes a totally different route to get to, unless you are in a boat....

Good luck & tight lines.........

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Lug is OK but the problem with lug & little hooks is that the minute you pierce them all the guts comes out & you only have a little bit on the hook, the rest comes off when you cast :angry:
Mudworm is without doubt the best bait for flounders, crammed on the hook their little tails wriggle & it looks good enough to eat :blink:
Spinning rod, 8/10lb line, 2oz bomb, mud up to your eyeballs, & a bagful of fish that taste like shite, what a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Try rag worm. They work well in the Pendine/Amroth area. It seems the bigger the better. I seem to catch as many flounder on rag as on maddies.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I use 3 hook flowing traces. Put on loads of coloured beads. I use size 2 Varivas saltwater champs or size 1 aberdeens and watch type leads 4 to 5 oz. Fished Laugharne last year but we were'nt sure if we were in the right place or not. Did'nt get a bite. Once the tide comes in it really races through.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah I've seen that mudbank. When I fished it, it was a big tide so I should think a smaller tide would be better. I've only fished it once, but might try again soon. I've heard the other side of the boathouse from the car park is good.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I fished here last Sat. Caught 3 nice Flounder. Up by outlet,adjacent to small car park. Best bait, Rag. Last 2 hours of income tide.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts