World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a great week on the Lleyn, plenty of macky to eat and for bait from near Aberdaron, despite one session where the resident seal had more off my hooks than than I did! Tried for black bream for the first time and got one first cast off Pwllheli beach then another about fifteen minutes later, so well pleased with that! Had a go plugging and bait fishing for bass off the west end of Afon Wen beach (looks very bassy) and around Pen-Y-Chain headland but no joy---will be back in August trying again so any tips for these areas would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
I'm sure it's the same seal! Does a bit of twirling as it dives, then surfaces with its fins neatly placed!

I duck behind the nearest boulder for a smoke when it starts lurking - it soon gets bored!

Cheers - John

ps - mega chop on the water there today. I was 20ft above the sea & still started feeling sea-sick!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, that sounds like it---it did have a twirling dive and it came up twice immediately after taking several macky off the trace, with its fins held neatly together like it was saying thanks! Funny in retrospect but quite annoying at the time!
Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
Just had a great week on the Lleyn, plenty of macky to eat and for bait from near Aberdaron, despite one session where the resident seal had more off my hooks than than I did! Tried for black bream for the first time and got one first cast off Pwllheli beach then another about fifteen minutes later, so well pleased with that! Had a go plugging and bait fishing for bass off the west end of Afon Wen beach (looks very bassy) and around Pen-Y-Chain headland but no joy---will be back in August trying again so any tips for these areas would be much appreciated!
see its easy now you know where to go. that seal just pulls them off for fun ithink as it cant possibly eat as many as it takes. nice to hear about the bream.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
well done bear sounds like u had nice week.shaggy:clap3:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts