World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enjoyed a few hours up and over high water yesterday morning on one of my favourite north coast marks. Pulled just three Mackerel out on the Dexter then they disappeared.

Anyway, I spent the rest of the session working my way along the coast for a mile or so, heading down to some new sheltered bays and little jutting out bits to dangle my plugs. All was quiet until I got to a nice little area with loads of weed covered shallow bits and large channels and pools, which were being slowly uncovered. This was also sheltered from the SW which was increasing in strength.

After a couple of casts with the silver sluggo things were still quiet but then as I retrieved it into the shallows I noticed a large wrasse follow it then turn on it's tail and back out again. Despite repeating along the same route there were no takers... shame as it looked like a nice fish.

Next tried the trusy thunderstick and almost immediately had a nice pollack of a couple of pounds. Despite further attempts, no more fish were forthcoming; at least I have found a few more cracking looking marks to explore. Met a holidaying spear fisherman as I left the site who confirmed my big wrasse story and told me of some nice Bass marks nearby - they're not all bad!

All the best

Andrew

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
60,775 Posts
Enjoyed a few hours up and over high water yesterday morning on one of my favourite north coast marks. Pulled just three Mackerel out on the Dexter then they disappeared.

Anyway, I spent the rest of the session working my way along the coast for a mile or so, heading down to some new sheltered bays and little jutting out bits to dangle my plugs. All was quiet until I got to a nice little area with loads of weed covered shallow bits and large channels and pools, which were being slowly uncovered. This was also sheltered from the SW which was increasing in strength.

After a couple of casts with the silver sluggo things were still quiet but then as I retrieved it into the shallows I noticed a large wrasse follow it then turn on it's tail and back out again. Despite repeating along the same route there were no takers... shame as it looked like a nice fish.

Next tried the trusy thunderstick and almost immediately had a nice pollack of a couple of pounds. Despite further attempts, no more fish were forthcoming; at least I have found a few more cracking looking marks to explore. Met a holidaying spear fisherman as I left the site who confirmed my big wrasse story and told me of some nice Bass marks nearby - they're not all bad!

All the best

Andrew
The Lleyn has some very good Bass fishing still these days.
Its not what it was but there are some very good areas if you know where to look.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts