World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I'm just getting back into sea fishing after 10 or so years of doing nothing but Fly and am after some good beaches on the Lleyn Peninsular. I've nearly finnished setting up my beach rig; I've brought an Abu 6000 (mainly because I liked the colour) and just need to find the rod, any suggestions?
Back to the main point, beaches, I've been told Trefor, near Nefyn, is very good, with some bass, bull huss and rays, not that I've ever caught any of them before! As you can tell, I'm pretty much a novice with very little idea!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
if you going to travel from shropshire you'd be better off going on anglesey, try somwere like rhosneiger if you want to fish the lynn the best beach's i have fished is hell's mouth (but you need to go there with someone who has fished it before) or i would suggest morfa nefyn beach if you are just starting up it is a good comfortable beach to fish from. happy fishing.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
hi weener,yes the places u said are good,but try abersochor barmouth,shell island all good.shaggy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks 'Lendusaworm' very good web site!

Does anyone know about Porth Ceireiad (not quite sure on the spelling), its just around the coast from Abersoch? There are lots of flats around there and some bass (I do a lot of snorkling), even small squid from time to time. I caught a small flattie there a few years ago and a few weaver fish, one of which stung me on the thumb :mad:

For general beach fishing on the Lleyn, what types of bait should I use? Squid, rag, peeler and sandeels?

·
Registered
437 Posts
hi weener,
its a long time since ive fished it m8 but my black book of venues ive fised over the years tells me, and im hoping things havent changed that much i expect the fellas on here will put it right if its not. porth ceiriad and trwyn cilan are two miles from abersoch through bwlchtocyn. park at pantybranner farm for porth ceiriad.
trwyn cilan a dangerious rock mark park at cilan fawr farm a half mile walk will get you there. both the marks a much less frequented than most Lleyn beaches in the summer. a long cast into 16 to 20 foot of water will contact thornback ray, skate,
dog's, and flounder,and whiting in winter, RAG AND LUG FISHED ON A SMALL LONG SHANKED HOOK slowly moved from time to time, are best for flaties
hope this helps m8 tight lines clive.;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
hi weener,
I have heard porth lago on the lleyn is doing realy well also worth a try could be uwchmadog both marks have a lot of doggies and huss also uwchmadog has a posibility of black bream in the right conditions you could also try this sight http://www.nwsa.ukf.net/

sam

·
Registered
241 Posts
fish dinas dinnlle regularly better on big tides for bass fish in the dark next to the airport into gulley welcome to the site a great bunch of guys on this site who will give some great advice.

·
Registered
701 Posts
There appears to be a whole bunch of us from Shropshire, why not meet up in Shrewsbury for beer and chat on fishing ? might help with trips for some..

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Dinas is a good easy beach to fish for plenty of bass sport,though most fish are under 3lb.Pwllheli is another good mark with deep water close in,giving plenty of sport with rays/dogs/bream/bass,and very close parking.There`s loads of reports on both of these venues,so you should be able to get on the right spots with the right set up/baits e.t.c

·
Registered
74 Posts
Shropfisher said:
There appears to be a whole bunch of us from Shropshire, why not meet up in Shrewsbury for beer and chat on fishing ? might help with trips for some..

good be a good idea have a shropshire day out fishing :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi m8 as to your question,good beach fishing,I have good info on rock fishing off cilan head known as[ llech doll and bistall ] these can be found through the land of cilan uchaf,fisher men travel from hull,preston, anglesey,and localy to this spot for bull hus bass dogys flats polock makerel, congar eel,last congar cought was 20lb.hope this is of help.camping on hand as well.:fishing1::fishing1::fishing1::fishing1:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Dinas,pwhelli,hellsmouth,aberdaran,porth oer,nefyn and a few others which i've not mentioned but the lads have,all fish well on the're day.

Mark.

·
Banned
10,968 Posts
Hi Guys,
I'm just getting back into sea fishing after 10 or so years of doing nothing but Fly and am after some good beaches on the Lleyn Peninsular. I've nearly finnished setting up my beach rig; I've brought an Abu 6000 (mainly because I liked the colour) and just need to find the rod, any suggestions?
Back to the main point, beaches, I've been told Trefor, near Nefyn, is very good, with some bass, bull huss and rays, not that I've ever caught any of them before! As you can tell, I'm pretty much a novice with very little idea!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,
Mike

Where in shropshire mate ? Im in Oswestry. If you fancy it you an allways tag along with me mate. Pwllheli, Criccieth, Porthmadog etc

PM me if and when mate, mostly go sat mornings early or friday evenings

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
dont know if you have realised that you are adding to a thread that started in july 2005 by someone who i dont remember as being active on this forum for a long time.forgive me if i'm wrong.......

·
Banned
10,968 Posts
dont know if you have realised that you are adding to a thread that started in july 2005 by someone who i dont remember as being active on this forum for a long time.forgive me if i'm wrong.......
Well, how stupid do I feel now ?

you ever thought about being a copper ?

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Lol i just read all the posts to..

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Ha Ha............Now thats Funny.................:laugh:........even.......:roll1:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts