World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for not posting sooner never had a chance when I first got home on the Thursday then had not internet access at home over the weekend. Fished Dinas Dinlle on the Wednesday lunch, beautiful location, fantastic views of Anglesey and snow covered Snowdonia. The sun was shining and and it was perfect apart from the sea was like a mill pond. As a result I never got a sniff not a single bite. I fancied trying my luck at Fort Belam over low water but could not find a way to drive up. I did not fancy the walk with all my gear as I had brought extra with being away for two days. Is the only way to get there on foot and if so how far is to walk? After Dinas I headed off to Trefor for the evening I fished from low to high and had a good session with the Doggies. lost count must have had 20 plus and couple of descent ones amongst them. Also had two coleys and a rockling. I lost the best fish of the night, fought it to the pier and was taking a breather before trying to lift it only for it to straighten out the hook, 3/0 mustad aberdeen cod hook. It rained for most of the evening so I called it a day and retreated to the car for a few hours kip. On the Thursday morning I moved over to Phwelli and set-up on the beach by Gimblet rock. It was a mild and misty morning and with fine drizzle for most of the morning. Again I blanked i had one descent bite that I did not manage to connect with. I like the spot but was disappointed with the lack of fish. Would I have been better fishing from the rocks further round towards the harbour entrance. Even though I blanked on two of my three locations I had a really good time and look forward to returning to the Lleyn. The doggies provided plenty of sport at Trefor and next time I will tackle up a bit heavier and go after them Huss.

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
glad you had a good trip. sounds like a bit of an adventure. where you fished near gimlet is one of the best spots. shame you had a couple of blanks though.
trefor never fails to give at least dogs and is dead easy to fish.

i,ll be down there myself for a week in about 10 weeks. cant wait.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Glad you enjoyed yourself :) Really is a nice part of the world down on the LLeyn.

Fort Belan is a very long walk :headhurt: from the last public parking area and. When I used to have access to the fort I used to drive it ........................ and its still a long way, even by car !!!

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Went exploring on 2 occasions last year on the Llyn with fishing gear and digital camera, fished only once and took loads of piccys.

Found some interesting places with history to occupy my mind and plan to fish this year.

Just hope I can get some tips and info from other members on the site.

Well done with the fishing and report.
Coastman:)

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Cardiac Hill is THE place - not for the faint-hearted though!

Travel light, be prepared for some easy rock-climbing, and you will experience some top fishing!

Will start going back in May, myself :)

Cheers - John

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
Sorry for not posting sooner never had a chance when I first got home on the Thursday then had not internet access at home over the weekend. Fished Dinas Dinlle on the Wednesday lunch, beautiful location, fantastic views of Anglesey and snow covered Snowdonia. The sun was shining and and it was perfect apart from the sea was like a mill pond. As a result I never got a sniff not a single bite. I fancied trying my luck at Fort Belam over low water but could not find a way to drive up. I did not fancy the walk with all my gear as I had brought extra with being away for two days. Is the only way to get there on foot and if so how far is to walk? After Dinas I headed off to Trefor for the evening I fished from low to high and had a good session with the Doggies. lost count must have had 20 plus and couple of descent ones amongst them. Also had two coleys and a rockling. I lost the best fish of the night, fought it to the pier and was taking a breather before trying to lift it only for it to straighten out the hook, 3/0 mustad aberdeen cod hook. It rained for most of the evening so I called it a day and retreated to the car for a few hours kip. On the Thursday morning I moved over to Phwelli and set-up on the beach by Gimblet rock. It was a mild and misty morning and with fine drizzle for most of the morning. Again I blanked i had one descent bite that I did not manage to connect with. I like the spot but was disappointed with the lack of fish. Would I have been better fishing from the rocks further round towards the harbour entrance. Even though I blanked on two of my three locations I had a really good time and look forward to returning to the Lleyn. The doggies provided plenty of sport at Trefor and next time I will tackle up a bit heavier and go after them Huss.
glad u good time and doggies are allways fun to catch.shaggy

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Glad you enjoyed your fishing adventure,,,,, I did tell you to fish the rocks at gimblet,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great report mate, love that area myself be down there in a couple of weeks myself.DOGS A MANS BEST FRIEND.
RAGCASTER
Tight Lines Men
cant wait for tomorrow!
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts