World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished there today from about midday till hightide around 4. pouting every chuck, sometimes 2 at a time. no sole, no bass but at least it wasnt a blank.
the worst problems was the snags, pulled a few in but snapped out on most. the river bed seemed full of balls of old fishing line with mussels all over them which has never been such a problem in the past. must have lost about 6 or 7 rigs, just give up in the end !
the search for a big sole continues, off to dungie at the weekend! give up with the rivers at the moment !

G

·
unlucky john,seems the medways been propper crap this year.

hopefully dungie will be alright mate.might pop down there during the day over the weekend if i get time for a few mackerel.ain't had none down this way this year yet and could do with some for bait.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i could do with a few for the freezer.
it seems the thames, the medway and the swale aint been that clever, i was hoping for a bit more this summer than whats been showing, maybe it will pick up soon eh?

G

·
could do mate,i'll have a word with a few people and see if we can get some off here to go.don't want no messers though.....

G

·
river med was good for codling last year, the whiting never made an appearence though. few flounders to boot from riverside 2 last summer. dont bother for sole becuase the ones that are in the med have no chance with all those pouts there.

will93

G

·
ok mate, let me know asap and ill see if i can book it, should be able to get at least 10
john,checked it out at work and one of the blokes is off that week.can't go now.looks like i'm the bleedin messer after all!

i really,REALLY hate work.:wallbash:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
john,checked it out at work and one of the blokes is off that week.can't go now.looks like i'm the bleedin messer after all!

funny you should say about being a messer dave, im in hospital for an op on my guts in the next week or 2 ive been informed today so im out as well! looks like im a messer too!! :oops:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

Ever thought about freelancing Dave, it aint that bad I`ve got away with it 12 years,

G

·
Ever thought about freelancing Dave, it aint that bad I`ve got away with it 12 years,
i need to get out of the 18 year rut i've been in.i know the grass ain't always greener but i feel there must be better out there.a lot of the blokes who left dodds are doing very well!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts