World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Deputy Jokes Forum Examiner
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got up at 5.30am all excited about taking the new rod for it's maiden voyage, rustled up some sarnies and sorted the flask.
Set off for Corwen.
Weather was looking good, dull, cloudy with a slight drizzle, overcast ....lol. (I'm learning) ;)
Paid for the lake permit and boarded My new home for the next 7 hours.
It was a bit windy and the place I wanted to fish was impossible as I kept drifting in to the bank.
I steamed off to find a nice little spot with the wind behind me, I worked the boat with the wind to drift along the bank. Perfect :thumbs:
First catch was a Perch which took a Small Red Damsel.
I steamed back for another drift, on about the third or fourth drift I was into another fish which this time was a Rainbow, about 1.5 to 2lb size on a Dawons Olive.
Then more drifts which produced nothing else. I messed about with flies and lines, went under the surface, nothing, then deeper, still nothing.
But hey I had a great day even tho I was on my own and laughing at my own jokes even tho I've heard them all before :crazy:

Thanks for your help and advice you two :notworthy

·
Registered
22,142 Posts
Well got up at 5.30am all excited about taking the new rod for it's maiden voyage, rustled up some sarnies and sorted the flask.
Set off for Corwen.
Weather was looking good, dull, cloudy with a slight drizzle, overcast ....lol. (I'm learning) ;)
Paid for the lake permit and boarded My new home for the next 7 hours.
It was a bit windy and the place I wanted to fish was impossible as I kept drifting in to the bank.
I steamed off to find a nice little spot with the wind behind me, I worked the boat with the wind to drift along the bank. Perfect :thumbs:
First catch was a Perch which took a Small Red Damsel.
I steamed back for another drift, on about the third or fourth drift I was into another fish which this time was a Rainbow, about 1.5 to 2lb size on a Dawons Olive.
Then more drifts which produced nothing else. I messed about with flies and lines, went under the surface, nothing, then deeper, still nothing.
But hey I had a great day even tho I was on my own and laughing at my own jokes even tho I've heard them all before :crazy:

Thanks for your help and advice you two :notworthy

Well done Fen.
My last trip out only one fish to me name.
As to laughing at your own jokes whats new??HAHAHA.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
did you try on the far side as close to the trees as you can get,its a bit of a journey to get to the mark,but worth it,hope this helps,OH!!! by the way,you can get there earlier and fish the banks untill the boats are available

·
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did you try on the far side as close to the trees as you can get,its a bit of a journey to get to the mark,but worth it,hope this helps,OH!!! by the way,you can get there earlier and fish the banks untill the boats are available
I know exactly where ya mean mate but it was impossible to drift along the tree line due to the severe cross wind, plenty of boats out that day but no one could fish that area. 99% of the boats fished over the yacht club side, sheltered from the winds.

Thanks very much mate n thanks for the early fishing tip off. I thought all fishing was from 9am, now I know better. :thumbs:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Isn't it a great place!
Had a crack there myself this afternoon and managed 4 rainbows on a black and green viva (to 2lbs)

Well done on the Perch Fen! That's something different on the fly :clap3::fishing:.
Not sure but I think there's a country fair Sun 18th with some fly fishing stuff going on? Should be worth a look.

Attachments

·
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Isn't it a great place!
Had a crack there myself this afternoon and managed 4 rainbows on a black and green viva (to 2lbs)

Well done on the Perch Fen! That's something different on the fly :clap3::fishing:.
Not sure but I think there's a country fair Sun 18th with some fly fishing stuff going on? Should be worth a look.
Ya right mate it's a great place. On the move all the time. I love it.
I went to the Forest hill in flint the other weekend, strange lady who owns it :g: Its ok there but Very small tho and ya have to book to use the top pool. I believe the place in Pen (can't remember the name) is the one to fish, everything over 3.5lb so I'm told.
Nice Rainbow mate lol, so to speak !!!!

Good luck :thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.