World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just bought a new big game abu and have half filled it with 30lb mono and then filled it right up with 30lb accu depth braid.thing is i never done it under any tention so when i pull at the braid it cuts right into the braid on the spool.

just wondered if i should take it to a field and tie something to the end and reel it in or just wait till i use it and bed it in properly on the day?any tips anyone?thank's......dave.:)

oh yeah,will a 30lb b.s. clear leader do or will i need stronger.gonna use it wrecking,so no casting involved.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
i have just bought a new big game abu and have half filled it with 30lb mono and then filled it right up with 30lb accu depth braid.thing is i never done it under any tention so when i pull at the braid it cuts right into the braid on the spool.

just wondered if i should take it to a field and tie something to the end and reel it in or just wait till i use it and bed it in properly on the day?any tips anyone?thank's......dave.:)

oh yeah,will a 30lb b.s. clear leader do or will i need stronger.gonna use it wrecking,so no casting involved.

I spool mine using a hockey ball on a swivel link, a lead will dig itself into the field. I use 30lb clear mono leader and then use 25lb hooklengths, with a rotten bottom (paper clip) for the sinker

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
codhead, your a legend. i never thought of using a paper clip as a rotten bottom clip!!! thanks for that!

Jamie

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spool mine using a hockey ball on a swivel link, a lead will dig itself into the field. I use 30lb clear mono leader and then use 25lb hooklengths, with a rotten bottom (paper clip) for the sinker
cheer's mate.i'll get some clip's out of the office at work tuesday,nice one!!.....dave.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Just don't try casting with the paperclip rig LOL

It saves p1ssing around tying mono links though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts