World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Have a look at THIS . To load line onto the reel I normally run it thru the centre of the yellow pages so it goes on the reel under a bit of tension and the wife doesn't mind holding the spool for few minutes. Hope that helps ;)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Arbor Knot. Thanks.
I normally use a tub of water and a pencil through the sides of the tub and the centre of the spool of line and then wind it onto the reel, under tention.
What I really need to know is how best to level the line on the spool. Do I start from the middle and then to the sides and across or from the sides and to and thro?

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
The Arbor Knot. Thanks.
I normally use a tub of water and a pencil through the sides of the tub and the centre of the spool of line and then wind it onto the reel, under tention.
What I really need to know is how best to level the line on the spool. Do I start from the middle and then to the sides and across or from the sides and to and thro?
Stick to the water tub method.Putting in it water stops friction and you should load it side to side first to cover the shaft and then cotton reel style.Build up one side then the other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts