World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having originally planed on a day off work, I had hoped to make my way to shoreham for the first Lisa beach session. However, work got in the way, as did a sick child. End result on Seaford beach between the flats and the martello tower, first hooks in by 9pm, just before low.

Now the other thing I had hoped to do with my day off was get some fresh bait. That also didn't occur. Bait for the session, frozen black, slippers, squid, mussel a macky and errr the left over rag from last Friday err. I had kept it, hoping to get out again with the kids last weekend. However, family emergency stopped that, and I had forgotten about it. Boy did it pen and ink:headhurt:

Funnily enough in amongst the sloppy mess that used to be rag, there were a few worms which still had some structure to them.....:idea: sod it give em a go. Out they went on rod two, with some old slippers. Within seconds of them splashing into the water, the rod tip is bouncing away. In it comes, a reasonable sized pout and a almost sized ting:icecream:smelly bait!

Rod 1 comes in two more tings.

Again, as with most sessions this year I had been hoping for a dab or two, but it was soon clear, tings all the way. They went for every bait combination possible. Unlike my kids friends they certainly were not fussy, and if they were children would have been a pleasure to feed.

Ting after ting gets boring. So up the anti. Size 4/0 with large squid and macky cocktail, and time to try one of Craig's snide rigs. So many tings out there, had to be done.

Both rods bouncing away in no time at all. The size 4/0 (as captain Tapp would say) was bait raped in moments. Craig's rig produced the third species for the night......twice!!! COLIN. Irony upon irony. I avoided those slimey critters all night, I use the rig Craig tied for me ages ago and one on each chuck.:lmao:

Well curfew was passed, another ting on a 4/0, greedy sod, and Colins on the live bait rig, it was time to pack up. 1130pm. Final score, 10 tings, 2 colins and a pout. A busy 3 1/2 hours, the busiest for quite a while. Shame the fish weren't more interesting. You know you're in trouble when you are pleased to see a Pout!

Now to await the Shoreham report, where I believe a threesome of Lisa's were flicking their tackle:victory:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
A busy session there Francis with the usual Seaford fayre of ting a ling ling. The pout made it 3 speicies for your and yes a smelly bait is always good.

I will have to ask Craig about his fool-proof Colin rig, could be a winner if marketed correctly :crazy:

Will post a report of our Shorehorrorham adventure shortly.

Nice read as always mate.

Tony

G

·
Great report fella,unfortunately showing the southcoast standards once again at present,i`m having a break for a while...going trainspotting instead......Alan

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great report fella,unfortunately showing the southcoast standards once again at present,i`m having a break for a while...going trainspotting instead......Alan
You can rely on tings more than you can the trains mate!:crazy:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Having originally planed on a day off work, I had hoped to make my way to shoreham for the first Lisa beach session. However, work got in the way, as did a sick child. End result on Seaford beach between the flats and the martello tower, first hooks in by 9pm, just before low.

Now the other thing I had hoped to do with my day off was get some fresh bait. That also didn't occur. Bait for the session, frozen black, slippers, squid, mussel a macky and errr the left over rag from last Friday err. I had kept it, hoping to get out again with the kids last weekend. However, family emergency stopped that, and I had forgotten about it. Boy did it pen and ink:headhurt:

Funnily enough in amongst the sloppy mess that used to be rag, there were a few worms which still had some structure to them.....:idea: sod it give em a go. Out they went on rod two, with some old slippers. Within seconds of them splashing into the water, the rod tip is bouncing away. In it comes, a reasonable sized pout and a almost sized ting:icecream:smelly bait!

Rod 1 comes in two more tings.

Again, as with most sessions this year I had been hoping for a dab or two, but it was soon clear, tings all the way. They went for every bait combination possible. Unlike my kids friends they certainly were not fussy, and if they were children would have been a pleasure to feed.

Ting after ting gets boring. So up the anti. Size 4/0 with large squid and macky cocktail, and time to try one of Craig's snide rigs. So many tings out there, had to be done.

Both rods bouncing away in no time at all. The size 4/0 (as captain Tapp would say) was bait raped in moments. Craig's rig produced the third species for the night......twice!!! COLIN. Irony upon irony. I avoided those slimey critters all night, I use the rig Craig tied for me ages ago and one on each chuck.:lmao:

Well curfew was passed, another ting on a 4/0, greedy sod, and Colins on the live bait rig, it was time to pack up. 1130pm. Final score, 10 tings, 2 colins and a pout. A busy 3 1/2 hours, the busiest for quite a while. Shame the fish weren't more interesting. You know you're in trouble when you are pleased to see a Pout!

Now to await the Shoreham report, where I believe a threesome of Lisa's were flicking their tackle:victory:
Good report. Much the same outcome in Eastbourne.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
What size were the tings at seaford ?... any over 27cm?

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Commander
Much tackle flicking and great conversation on Fishosphy Friday at Shoreham (hence the delay in responding to your text messages......er....badly....poxy new phone !) Great you got out and that the new Colin rig worked so well. Outdabbinme mate fished Eastbourne way for a small coddler and slugs.
Early am assault on the hallowed shingle planned for next Saturday because Numpty sales manager has called a meeting on a............ Friday!
See you soon bud
Stevo T

·
Registered
417 Posts
Productive session there Francis. I'm struggling to get the rods out due to the thought of slugs and pins at the moment. Roll on the summer.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Christ francis, I clicked on this thinking it was a lending service for anglers!!!

Secondly,, the snide rig will only work when theres something there to eat it,,, and im not fishing fishing yet, not while the colins are still around, damn them, put those rigs away for the next two months, try again, meanwhile mate, practice this for when the bass are here in numbers 1622125_10202839112076255_635613222_n.jpeg

·
Banned
2,845 Posts
Christ francis, I clicked on this thinking it was a lending service for anglers!!!

Secondly,, the snide rig will only work when theres something there to eat it,,, and im not fishing fishing yet, not while the colins are still around, damn them, put those rigs away for the next two months, try again, meanwhile mate, practice this for when the bass are here in numbers View attachment 200330
well , the interest rates are very reasonable , 2000% pa. if you've got a good credit history

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Commander
Much tackle flicking and great conversation on Fishosphy Friday at Shoreham (hence the delay in responding to your text messages......er....badly....poxy new phone !) Great you got out and that the new Colin rig worked so well. Outdabbinme mate fished Eastbourne way for a small coddler and slugs.
Early am assault on the hallowed shingle planned for next Saturday because Numpty sales manager has called a meeting on a............ Friday!
See you soon bud
Stevo T
Cheers captain, I'll keep you posted regarding next sat.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Secondly,, the snide rig will only work when theres something there to eat it,,, and im not fishing fishing yet, not while the colins are still around, damn them, put those rigs away for the next two months, try again, meanwhile mate, practice this for when the bass are here in numbers View attachment 200330
Oh yeah! Spelling has never been my strong point:oops:
You're probably right about the snide rig, it just made me laugh that the only Colin's of the night were on that rig:1a:

Definitely working on the grovel, and the fpo already thinks I'm mad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts