World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

this is my first post to this site and I wanted to let someone know about my catch on Tuesday 19/7.

I was fishing at 'The Ledges' at Red Bay and was having a great evening - cod, whiting, wrasse, coalfish, dogfish, dab and most surprisingly - LOBSTER.

I've been fishing seriously know for a year after dabbling a bit when I was younger and this is the first time I have ever seen a Lobster landed with a rod and line.

I was using Ragworm on a 2 hook bomber rig.

Anyone else ever had a catch like this?

Let me know...

Cheers

GG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi GG,

Whilst fishing aboard "Blackjack" out of Mudeford (Christchurch) a few yeasr ago one of the lads landed a Lobster. We were "fun fishing" at the time at the end of a successful Bass trip. Bait being used was Mackerel strips. I'll never forget that day as it was then that I had my Conger.

I have never caught one myself but have landed numerous Spider Crabs.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
224 Posts
my brother in law got one near ardglass a few weeks ago. i sometimes fish red bay myself, where would i find the ledges?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Hi GG

Ive had 2 in about 30 years fishing, both of them came from the battery at North Queensferry....great eating m8 , well done :D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
had 2 as well last year fishing from pittemweem ,a friend of mine had 1 at the same place at the start of this year. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fergal said:
my brother in law got one near ardglass a few weeks ago. i sometimes fish red bay myself, where would i find the ledges?
Hi Fergal,

if you know red bay, you will recognise the remnants of an old pier about a mile before you get into waterfoot, the leges are approx 200 yards before these (trvelling from Larne). There are two or three small unofficial bays to park the car near the ledges.

You can either fish from the road or clamber down the man-made slope and fish from the ledge at the bottom.

9 times out of 10 there will be someone fishing there when you arrive but there is plenty of space down near the water's edge - good luck!!!

I had 6 differnt species 19/07 fishinf the high tide with rag worm - t'was a grand night!!!

GG

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dachshund said:
What did he say to make you break his claw off?
There's a great reply to this questions but it is a visual joke so this message board won't do it any justice.

He was hooked at the joint between body and claw and this fell off when I unhooked him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts