World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My first report on this forum so I was hoping to post a good report for you all, however the session didnt go to plan.
Arrived at the lobstersmack at low water and intended to fish till an hour after high water. It was my Sons birthday and first sea fishing trip. My plan was to do some flattie bashing and hopefully provide my son with some casting lessons inbetween.

Anyway manged to get two rods into the water , one long distance one short, Unfortunatley the crabs were in their numbers and we had no chance of having bait on the hook for more the 6-7 minutes!, Lug, Rag, Squid were the crabs preffered choice.

Anyway managed to move down near the OJ as in the past i have had some success of the odd dab and schoolie but again same results - crabs cleaning the hooks within minutes.

All in all an enjoyable day, my son managed to cast about 50 yrds which i was really please with. Hopefully will try take him to Dungeoness one day.

one small problem was the quality of lugworm I purchased from the local shop, majority were dead apart from the pack the showed me on the counter!, I intend to give them another chance as this might have just been a bad day for bait.

a couple of pics:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Unlucky Scotty I fished there on Tuesday much the same although did have 2 schoolies on peeler crab. Worm baits were getting stripped very quickly. If you take your boy again try down at southfalls me and a mate fished their sunday evening and there are a few sizeable whiting about plus eels and a few schoolies there as well. I think the dead worms you got was a one off. Gone fishing usually give excellent bait get some peelers from them whilst a little expensive (70p each) 10 decent ones will last the whole session and they are on the hook longer than worm will last at the moment. Not so Many crabs down at southfalls much shallowerbut Not water their all the time you could do 3 hours up 3 down.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
good report well done them crab will be a pain in the harris till the temp falls. Them railings have saved me from many a blank trips in the past. As for the sloppy lug don't think they would have sent them out intentionally

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agree about comments about the lug as the rag were excellent, i have fished southfalls many atime, excellent spot when the whiting are in. Looking forward to trying new venues tho as i have only really fished canvey wall and dungie.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Excellent report and some great photos.

:clap2::clap2:

Pity about the crab activity and a shame the fish didn't want to play.

Better luck next time.

Bait from Gone Fishing is usually very good - sure it was a one off.

:bye1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts