World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening ladies and gents

I am looking to move from Rochester to Sarre. It's a bit of a trek to work in Gillingham but we have found our perfect home. What I would like to know is how far away the good fishing is and where, freshwater and sea, who my wsf neighbours will be, anyone that goes shooting as I would like to learn to shoot, and places to dig and pump bait as i would like to do that too.

Also any knowledge of the local areas would be great. Have met one of neighbours who seems nice.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Good place to live sea is north south and east ish, you will love it. Oh and there is a river just down the road..

·
**72**
4,716 Posts
15-20 mins drive to north coast or south, Greenfields just up from Sturry crossing towards Herne Bay do clay pigeon shooting.

·
Registered
392 Posts
North and north east of Sarre some good mainly low water rock marks and crabbing, East over to Sandwich Bay for Bait pumping & or Digging for yellowtails ,Pegwell for Commons and as Loose rightly says Clay shooting southwards at Greenfields which is 5 minutes round from where I Live. :fishing1: Ideal location really ,:thumbs: none of above more than 20 minutes away from you . Plenty of Freshwater fishing around here as well . Only downside is one of the two local pubs closed down.:sad2:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of those local pubs hides the barn were after but the owner is turning it into an art gallery. Si PM ill be interested when I move as I really wanna live of the land and see. Chickens, ducks, veg, fruit, fish and what ever im alowed to shoot. so send me shooting details please si as I no nutting

·
Registered
294 Posts
For freshwater fishing have a look at joining cdaa there are some good waters and it's cheap and for the sea fishing between Reculver and minis on the shingles can fish really well have a look on Google maps.
ash

G

·
I used to live just up the road from Sarre in Monkton and I still have my workshop there although I now live in Ramsgate.

For freshwater fishing you have the Wantsum and the Stour at cut end. Not too far down the road is Plucks Gutter (see Plucks Gutter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) plus quite a few day ticket waters not too far from there.

Sea fishing is not very far from there either. The Reculver towers should be visible from Sarre and it is just a short drive to Birchington where you have Minnis Bay. Our boat club launches from there (Nayland Boat Sea Angling Society NAYLAND BOAT SEA ANGLING SOCIETY - Contact/join ) and we meet on the first Thursday of the month at the Minnis Bay sailing club.

It's probably not a bad place to be positioned for fishing as you are more or less in the middle of everywhere. Ok it's a trek to Dungeness which I used to do back in the early 80's but now I am happy to do some summer fishing on the promenade from Birchington to Westgate even though I hear the extra sausage at a certain B&B is worth the drive :)

On a historical note, Sarre was a very well defended place in the second World War see Sarre WWII defences

Anything else just give me a shout and I will try and help.

Malcolm.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Malcolm that sounds great I have just confirmed the purchase of a 19' Orkney strikeliner my current club is the varne which will be a trek just as long as it is now from rochester. boat a local club would be useful too. will look them up as it would be great to use both if it's affordable. Hows the boat fishing from there? I know my mate thornbackflounder loves fishing minnis in his dingy for skate and smoothies so it can be bad fishing

Thanks for all the info guys keep it coming. Just got to sell our house now. It went online saturday and we have already had two viewings, one of which has already booked a second viewing for saturday as well as 3 or four other viewings sat and thurs so fingers crossed it goes quick

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
£40 a year thats a great price does that include launching as well? is it only at the club meet the launch is included? as I work shifts so will be going out on all different days of the week and my car aint suitable for driving down a beach

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well Yer it can be I fish it hight and low tide and when it's the higher tide u can get a hell of a lot of weed and sometime the same on the low.last Year was bad most of time u can only get about an hour over the high-low where u won't get non lol.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well our house is sold and the offer accepted on the place in Sarre so hopefully solicitors and bank get a riggle all the info greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well our house is sold and the offer accepted on the place in Sarre so hopefully solicitors and bank get a riggle on so i can move and get fishing. Thanks for all the info greatly appreciated

·
Registered
731 Posts
You will love it, I made the decesion 3 yrs or so ago bought a place down here and moved from london 2yrs ish ago.... love it and ain't going back.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Welcome to East Kent, Gods Country in all respects and the commute to Gillingham is nothing to worry about so long as the M2 and the A299 remain accident free!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Welcome hope the sale goes through, just down the road in Westbere.

Fishing covered so shooting, I shoot all around Sarre pigeon and Rabbit mainly with SG and 22l/r. Have a flight pond just down the road from Sarre as well. Best bet to be polite and ask the farmers directly some okay but get used to no. Most importantly get some experience on clays down at Greenfields before you consider shooting anything for the table.

·
Premium Member
26,540 Posts
Sarre is a great place to live. I live a few miles away in Broomfield.
In addition to the good info already given. You are not far from the 'Gate Inn' at Marshside. (See utube. Loads of ducks, but their demise would be regretted.)
Just around the corner is Marshside Fisheries. I had my first freshwater session in 30-odd years there back in the autumn. It is out across the marshes and might almost be a natural lake.
For all the jokes about the Towers of Doom it fishes well from time to time. Each year a few weeks of smooth hounds, oodles of whiting throughout the winter, and in summer the occasional shoal of mackerel if conditions are right.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Sarre is a great place to live. I live a few miles away in Broomfield.
In addition to the good info already given. You are not far from the 'Gate Inn' at Marshside. (See utube. Loads of ducks, but their demise would be regretted.)
Just around the corner is Marshside Fisheries. I had my first freshwater session in 30-odd years there back in the autumn. It is out across the marshes and might almost be a natural lake.
For all the jokes about the Towers of Doom it fishes well from time to time. Each year a few weeks of smooth hounds, oodles of whiting throughout the winter, and in summer the occasional shoal of mackerel if conditions are right.

Of course Don is too much of a gentleman (I'm not!) to mention the nocturnal suspension testing that goes on in the Towers of Doom car park.

Also this is a pay and display car park and currently costs £1 for 24 hours. Bargain.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts