World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys after a 3rd sucesive blank last night my soft spot for ramsgate is fading fast, thinking of going further afield but as in the title in a non driver so leaves my options limited.

So was looking at 10th green but its a 2+ mile walk from the station but thinking of heading the otherway hernebay whitstable as all the stations are fairly close to the beach. any advice would be helpful

barra404

tight-lines

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
HI guys after a 3rd sucesive blank last night my soft spot for ramsgate is fading fast, thinking of going further afield but as in the title in a non driver so leaves my options limited.

So was looking at 10th green but its a 2+ mile walk from the station but thinking of heading the otherway hernebay whitstable as all the stations are fairly close to the beach. any advice would be helpful

barra404

tight-lines
I don't drive myself so getting to venues ain't easy. I've got a bike so when I fish 10th green, sandown, the addy, minnis (grenham or the Basin) I just strap my gear to the bike and get pedaling:bicycle:.
It takes about 15 minutes to get from Sandwich station to 10th Green.
The last time I fished 10th green my bike broke and I had to run the whole way with all my gear to catch the last train:help:. So just make sure you leave enough time in case something happens.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't drive myself so getting to venues ain't easy. I've got a bike so when I fish 10th green, sandown, the addy, minnis (grenham or the Basin) I just strap my gear to the bike and get pedaling:bicycle:.
The last time I fished 10th green my bike broke and I had to run the whole way with all my gear to catch the last train:help:. So just make sure you leave enough time in case something happens.
cheers for that thinking off heading to westgate area give that a go or might have a night on moses see how thats producing.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Good idea with the bike ,but the last time i stapped the gear on the bike got to gilligham train station ,only for them to tell me it was a poxy bus service from dover ,no bikes on the bus ,and took me a week to get me ticket money back after going back to gravesend

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Good idea with the bike ,but the last time i stapped the gear on the bike got to gilligham train station ,only for them to tell me it was a poxy bus service from dover ,no bikes on the bus ,and took me a week to get me ticket money back after going back to gravesend
It is a pain getting the gear on and off the trains. I always check that there isn't a bus service running. Has been occasions I've cycled from ramsgate-10th green but only if I think it's worth the trek:bicycle:

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
cheers for that thinking off heading to westgate area give that a go or might have a night on moses see how thats producing.
I've fished the Moses a few times this year, and gotta say it's not been that productive. A mate of mine fishes it as well and he hasn't done that well either. There was a fella netting it earlier in the year and the only 2 decent fish he had off there was a 9lb bass and a thornback over 3 or so months. I'm now looking at trying the coburn a bit more as I've not fished there before.
Barnes car park is the place in westgate to try by all accounts, spoke to a few people who have had bass off there:fish:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts