World Sea Fishing Forums banner

location ID

1K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  gordon j 
#1 ·
Hi.
Can anyone tell me the location of this picture please? I know its in or around Hampshire but not sure exactly where.

Thanks Sammy
Water Sky Fence Wood Body of water

See less See more
#2 ·
hmmn, bit of a puzzle, i'm prob well off the mark but at a guess it just might be southampton water down stream from the itchen bridge opposite the old vospers site looking south? towards roller mills jetty with one of the weston block of flats in the back ground.

#7 ·
Unfortunately there are security patrols in that estate that move you on pretty quickly all year round. I think the residents ring them as soon as your spotted. If you are lucky to get in a few casts (at night) there are some nice bass and sole close in to the wall :)

#13 ·
Unfortunately there are security patrols in that estate that move you on pretty quickly all year round. I think the residents ring them as soon as your spotted. If you are lucky to get in a few casts (at night) there are some nice bass and sole close in to the wall :)

Security can move you on but once they are gone you find a close spot to where your not allowed. Il PM you where abouts i found a very close spot to the picture and its legal to fish!

Sammy

#16 ·
Any good spot (legal) close to that location? I live close to Southampton and only tried Town Quay.
Sh*tloads - you're surrounded by water down there - Itchen, Test, Hamble, Southampton Water, Solent.

Depending where "close to Southampton" is, what species, when and if you drive....Magazine Lane, Hythe Marina, Eling, Weston shore for starters.

#17 ·
Sh*tloads - you're surrounded by water down there - Itchen, Test, Hamble, Southampton Water, Solent.

Depending where "close to Southampton" is, what species, when and if you drive....Magazine Lane, Hythe Marina, Eling, Weston shore for starters.

I go quite a lot to Hythe but on the right of town at muddy shore, been to Magazine Lane and Town Quay few times. Recent 3 years in Solent has been very poor, didnt have much catching recently. Need to go much further to do serious fishing however Solent area is good for few hours fun. Just looking for new close spots around, only been to those three so far.

#18 ·
simalar places up by the itchen bridge/ old floating bridge slip area , both sides don't know about any restrictions though , plz think about it and keep it tidy if angling is allowed there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.