World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the priory 18:30 to around 02:00 ,Tide Bonawe LT=17:04 HT= 22:41, Bait mackie,bluey,sandeel. weather sunny with a bit of a wind blowing down the loch.
I thought lets head over to Etive and have sesh or two no tent just fishing gear and cooker etc. I headed to Taynuilt pier to start with i wanted to try this on the low tide with the tide coming in but due to a large boat being tied up there that was not on. I then headed to the priory with the thought that i meet might a couple of folk there, arrived to find ...no one surprising but i decided to fish there. It was nice and calm there sun shining beautiful. Got all the gear set up along with camera and started to fish. Ah first cast had me land up with a birds nest on my one rod the other was good. Reckon i need more practice with these reels i don't use the 535's much. After a couple of casts started bringing back gear and lots of brown horrible slimy weed stuff. I had noticed this in water when i was at Taynuilt pier and not thought much of it.
I should have took note of this crap because it came to pass that every cast was coming in loaded with this crap. The ratchets were going of on the reels with thoughts of fish i was reeling in only to find that the gear was being dragged along the beach with the weed. The other bad point was the sun going down did bring out the midges big time which had me hunting the car,my bags everywhere for my cream only to find i didn't have it with me. So early hours found me fishless and bitten to hell with midges and feeling ill. So after a few hours sleep i headed back home not like me i had intended to fish all thursday day and night.
I did earlier on take a look up the quarry but the wind was blowing straight down and at the quarry would have made for uncomfortable trip. I'm not sure if there is something about midge bites but this is the second time i have had them and now again on a course of allergy tablets.
So it was a trip with no fish for me think that's the second blank up that way this year. Gonna start checking out other lochs. Hoping to head down to Mull of Galloway possibly july so hope the fishing is better then. It's amazing the wildlife you come across driving early in the morning the number of deer was unbelievable along with pheasants etc i'm sure i seen a dinosaur in a garden but have the feeling that might not have been real lol. I just wish i had a car cam.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Unlucky on the blank, especially after putting up with the dreaded Midges! Hopefully your next trip will be more successful and you remember to take your midge repellent...I always keep a midge net in my seat box, it has saved me many times. Tight lines! Gary

·
Registered
648 Posts
That's the news I've been dreading, however thanks for delivering, need to get myself prepared for the next trip now, those little sh!ts give me a hell of a battering ! Unlucky on the fish front, sure you'll be back with tales of a few crackers.

Cheers Al.

R

·
0 Posts
nice change of scenery for you mike, even if the fish weren't playing .
cheers rab

·
Registered
223 Posts
What exactly was His purpose when He popped that little one into the equation? For diversity, to test us, or just for fun, who knows?

Next time I catch nothing, I'll think of this report, and I'll feel much better...

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Better luck next time Mike
Thanks Burnie, i really hope for better next time it can't get worse.

Unlucky on the blank, especially after putting up with the dreaded Midges! Hopefully your next trip will be more successful and you remember to take your midge repellent...I always keep a midge net in my seat box, it has saved me many times. Tight lines! Gary
Thanks Gary, i looked at midge repellant on shelf and must have assumed i had packed it...

Nae luck.

If there's anyone on the Loch tonight they'll get eaten alive - still calm.

At least it's dry......
Lovely country just a pity you have to get eaten to enjoy it.

That's the news I've been dreading, however thanks for delivering, need to get myself prepared for the next trip now, those little sh!ts give me a hell of a battering ! Unlucky on the fish front, sure you'll be back with tales of a few crackers.

Cheers Al.
Thanks Al, one of these times i will catch fish, i know what it is i'm not wanting to catch all these normal run of the mill stuff my next fish up there is gonna be a belter.....Nice dream lol.

nice change of scenery for you mike, even if the fish weren't playing .
cheers rab
Thanks Rab it makes a change from the coast of Fife Or Tayside.

What exactly was His purpose when He popped that little one into the equation? For diversity, to test us, or just for fun, who knows?

Next time I catch nothing, I'll think of this report, and I'll feel much better...
Sorry i don't get the first part of your message, mid you it is early in the morning. If it's about the fact that i caught no fish and still reported, it's just to show that not every fishing trip reaps a fishy or two. I'm not shy when it comes to blanking and unlike me i've had a few this year over there and on the east coast for some reason. Thanks David.

Unlucky mate.
Aye the midges play havoc with me too, feel your pain there mate.
Thanks Highlander , a beautiful country spoiled by the smallest hungriest creatures on this earth.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah right got you ....i've always wondered why we have midges must be of some use to something but god knows what.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts