1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's my first trip to Etive finally done
Left Dundee yesterday mornin.Arrived at the loch side around 9ish
Set up at the left hand side of the church
Cast after cast using squid bluey sand ell etc fished till 11pm not a touch.So rods down and into the bivvy temperatures dropped quicky so quick cuppy and got to sleep.Woke up at 5am and the first thing I seen was 2 seals swimming about in front of me lol.So didn't have much confidence so packed up and headed to the Quarry straight through the gate spoke to a couple guys for abit of knowledge ended up setting up north of the Quarry in like an old harbour.First 5/10 casts was getting bite after bite but nothing hooking up.So changed down to a 3/0 panel rig whole squid on 1 and razer on the other cast after cast
Ended up landing 9 small Cod around the 1lb mark 3 crabs and a star fish haha
Looking foward to the next trip

Attachments

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
Well done Jim, you were kept busy with the cod. On another day it could be different, the guys the fish Etive regular will tell you that.
What a backdrop to fish, always enjoy it up there, great report bud.
I'm sure you'll be back, you survived the cold during the night too.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers willie

Reactions: Jim dufc

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Well done on you catches, a bit of friendly info helps and a switch of hook size too. Seems to be quite a number of cod getting caught over there just now. Temperatures are nowhere near summer yet, and when they do out come the midges lol.

Reactions: Jim dufc

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well done Jim, you were kept busy with the cod. On another day it could be different, the guys the fish Etive regular will tell you that.
What a backdrop to fish, always enjoy it up there, great report bud.
I'm sure you'll be back, you survived the cold during the night too.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers willie
Cheers Willie
Was good to get up amazing place to fish
Lads I had spoke to were bran new as well
Didn't realize how deep the water was north of the quarry though lol Line just seemed to keep ripping off I've changed to braid so plenty yardage thankfully.Going back on for another all nighter so hopefully get a spur or ray one day

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well done on you catches, a bit of friendly info helps and a switch of hook size too. Seems to be quite a number of cod getting caught over there just now. Temperatures are nowhere near summer yet, and when they do out come the midges lol.
Thanks mate
Thr guys working at the quarry plus few Lads fishing were bran new glad i made a move plus first trip up so was trial and error so was happy to land a few.Yeah couple others were fishing just up from me they were the same plenty small cod but nothing else.Temperatures were brutal didn't think would have got so cold but bivvy suit and 5 season done its job

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.