World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived friday at Taynuilt nearly high tide boat was a breeze to launch...car parked up and out we went...picked close mark in the bay as bruv was due to arrive...fantastic straight into two mackeral on first drop....then that was them for two days....where do they go..??

Picked up bruv and kids...as it was more for the kids thought i would keep it simple....

headed out picked a mark...it was a whiting and spurry fest with a fish a drop...

enough thought species...headed round to the quarry dropped the creel....hit a few pollock and small cod...but big in the kids eyes....smiles tell it all..no one wanted in but called it a night at 11.00pm ..back to camp for supper and a fantastic Scottish Sunset that you only get by being out..

Saturday me and the laddie out at 5.30...decided on a drift on a ridge...straight into cod to 4lb and a few good ling...nae mackeral...((

Picked the rest the crew up at 9.00 after a good breaky..kids being kids lets go back to where we caught last night...guess what nae fish...ok back to the ridge where i just caught...nae fish..ok lets check the creel...the kids were so excited as there was every crab under the sun and a small codling....

re baited creel back in..

ok where next ..to hell with the finder kids pick a spot..they did i went ah no..

any way tied up baits down....fishing ok but slow...then one of the lads said...Dad Im Stuck....mm...ten min later 8lb thornie....this was moby dick to them...in fact like catching a 200lb skate...still hearing about it today...

Day continued with fish all day..

Saturday night was a wash out weather man got the forecast wrong...night with a few beers and stories...

Sunday 5,30 oot again...weather front was poor but got to give it a go...fishing was hard weather was picking up....decided last drop was down the bottom of the loch..not much luck..

weather turned exciting journey back...

Any way good trip kids had a ball some good fish and the species excellant a first for all the kids...in there eyes size does not matter..

Species
Spurdog,mackeral,pollock,thornback,whiting,pouting,codling,ling, LSD,dab,gey gurnard...best was youngest on a aldi special spinning rod...spinner and a small bit of mackie....caught a wee spurrie ...he thought it was Jaws.....

Bait mackie,squid

A new generation of fishers up and comming..))

met a few forum members...good to share ideas....and for one....buy a chart..))) (private joke if you read)...

·
Registered
752 Posts
Great Report and its always good to see kids catching fish. Did you take up your won boat or hire one of dougies. I was up few weeks ago from shore looking at possible launching marks.

Cheers

Jim

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
cracking report mate

am up there on saturday and once again a ling is my target been trying the last few trips for them but cant seem to get my hands on one :(

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great Report and its always good to see kids catching fish. Did you take up your won boat or hire one of dougies. I was up few weeks ago from shore looking at possible launching marks.

Cheers

Jim

Jim took my own boat warrior 165..launching is ok at taynuilt pier..just need chesties and a long roap if you are launching or recovering on a low tide

if you are up let me know might be around

1 - 5 of 5 Posts