World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Coatbridge Angler
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post all.. Me and fergusdaddy went out on etive with mate big scott for the day on his new boat. After a slow start we soon got into some spurdogs/ Rays/ Lsd /Whitting /Gurnard/ bait used was fresh Mackies we got just over from quarry. Great weather no rain light winds cant wait to get back.. Aye Fergusdaddy you can tell them all about your wee problem just aff the pier..:fishing1:

Tight lines all.:fishing1:

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
well done im the one that gave you the v sign. yous did way better than me. i had a stinker.

·
Registered
461 Posts
well done boys.great wee collection of diferent species there....................................so what happened on the peir?

·
Registered
390 Posts
You can read all about how I use my propeller to detect rocks on my seperate post for Saturday's events. (26th July, Joe Doc must have a Tardis)

How's the leg drying out Joe, Which side of my waders leak again????

Fergusdaddy

·
Coatbridge Angler
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its the right leg just under the knee ya c*nt its the last time i get something aff you. Well its aff the the angling center for a pair of ma own my fit was cold all day but at least i got more fish than you as normal:fishing:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Quality not Quantity mate, my Spurdog nearly ate yours before I put it back, anyway, Big Scott had the poorest return, with his wee gurnards and whiting, it was us that caught all the Thornies and Spurdog, he didn't get his spurry in the boat!

Next time will be much better, we will avoid the shallows and empty the Loch of all species, we may need a bigger boat!

·
Registered
627 Posts
hi guys were there any decent size fish? we were going to give etive a try in the near future, and was wondering how it was fishing ,:secret::boat:cheers

·
Registered
390 Posts
There's always some decent sized fish in Etive, a couple of our Spurdog were quite big,and pulling the thornbacks up 180 feet was sore on the old arms too. We've had bigger on other days up there, but we've never had a blank EVER on Etive.

Look at the photos on my post from 26th July

Fergusdaddy

·
Coatbridge Angler
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
aye yer right thats 4 times i have been at etive with you both and scott seems to do the worst out of us . me thinking the photo of that 8lb spurdog was the guy he was fising in the boat with that day:sun:

Can wait to launch fergusdaddy soon i know etive has a bigger pollock than 5lb for me just up by the bothy i hope....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts