World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

Just joined today.
Going to Loch Etive soon,was wondering if anybody has been up there recently.
If so hows it fishing,whats the best bait etc...

KM2

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi KM2,

Welcome to the Forum.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hi KM2,

Never fished it I`m afraid, but there was an article about Loch Etive in last months Total Sea fishing, seems fish baits work well but surely crab worm and mussel must also be a winner !
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Don't forget the Thornies either, always a good chance of them.

Mackerel and squid do just fine. My only advice would be to stay alert and dont stray far from your rod....I've missed so many spurdog runs cos I've been having a coffee, a pee, baiting up, casting the 2nd rod etc that I've decided to only fish 1 rod, hold it all the time, and pee in my waders!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
:cool:

Hi all, I was up at Etive all last week. Codling going well past quarry and doggies at the church and Priory. Best at high tide at quarry and low tide church etc.
Fishing got better towards evening....

G

·
0 Posts
got the tackle got the bait, wheres the best spot to fish from shore, whose got the boats if i feel more adventurous?

·
Banned
132 Posts
we stayed up there last year at The Taynuilt Hotel where we hired boats of the owners brother in-law.
he will tell you where the marks are and where 2 tie up 2 fish ( the lock is 640 foot deep in places)
the boats are fitted with 9.9 hp engines and he will meat you in his shed

we fished up by the fish farms and buy the time the lead hit the bottom the reel was nearly empty. i used braid but its not much fun bringing up 3 lb thorn backs from that depth. (I'm the one in the blue ).

·
Banned
132 Posts
for spur dogs we used batted hock eyes and where bring up 3 at a time (each time saying this was the one but there wasn't any over 4lb)

the other lads we went with weren't impressed and this year haven't booked anywhere

i don't have the phone number for the boat hire but try the hotel .

chazz

i had 2 spit this post as i had 2 many images

·
Registered
138 Posts
welcome to the site i was up there a few weeks back a few of the guys had fish in the first bay just past the quarry at the point there is a good shore mark at conal go out to the end of the town take the last road on the right 200 yards down it park walk through the trees u are there had good spurs there good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts