World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided on a last minute trip up to Etive this morning and managed to get Ken-r to join me, We left at about 8.45am and had arrived and put our first baits in by 11am. The loch was flat calm and the weather was amazing :) We both used two rods, 1 big bait and the other a two hook flapper. For bait we had Mackerel, Sandeel, Squid and a few Raggies.
Kenny got a nice 28cm Whiting 1st cast, Then i caught a Sm Spurdog about the 1lbish mark ........ Looked like it was going to be a good day :) :) We fished this mark till 6pm and we caught at least 30x Spurdog between us, Kenny also got a few more Whiting and i caught a Sm Thornie. The rods were rattling away all day, None of the fish were big, Tbh very Sm, We had nothing over 2lb but it was most enjoyable :) We then moved to another mark in the hope of some bigger Thornies and fished from 6.30pm till it got dark ( 9pm) I had a bite which i missed but other than that nothing so we decided to head for home. Best bait today was Sandeel early on in the day then later they would only touch plain Mackerel, Raggie and Squid didn't get a touch.
We couldn't have asked for a nicer day it was like summer, No big fish but we caught loads and had a great day :)

·
Team Hardcore(Scotland)
940 Posts
nice report there mate.
good to see you had a good days fishing.

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
top report mate its great when things go your way isnt it glad you had a good time:clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Well done Billy - glad you had a smashing day :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts