World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MYSELF, BOOM BOOM, KIMBO AND CAPTAIN SHIMANO ALL WENT TO ETIVE ON SUNDAY,hired a boat. The day started off slow, only a few whiting caught, and one spurrie, just as we thought it was going to get better it got worse, nothing alll day, then about 5 oclock kimbo took a thornie, then another, then another,i got a few whiting, gurnards, the captain had a couple of whiting, by this time boom boom was panicking as he hadnt had anything all day and knew we would all take the **** all the way home, blankety blank , you know what i mean.
Then it happened ?????? MADMAX got a take, struck, and started to reel in,this was a heavy bugger pulling me all over the place, i continued to reel in the bugger, with a struggle) , now i was using a 50lb rod and it was practically bent over in two, 30 lb braid, wire trace, with a nice bit of mackie , anyway its nearly at surface after about 10 mins, when PING , the f***er was off , i could have jumped overboard as it appears my knot failed on the braid/swivel. All that effort, pain was wasted because of one lousy knot. I KNOW THIS SOUNDS LIKE ONE OF THOSE FISHY TALES BUT ITS TRUE, THIS WAS A BLEEDIN MONSTER, im a strong guy and believe me i was struggling to pull this out.bit annoyed as this would have been my biggest catch, couple of the guys reckon maybe big conger, or big thornie,but hey ill be back to get it.
We fished till 8.00pm and to the relief of boom boom he managed to bag a couple of thornies too so we couldnt take the **** after all .weather started off great then wind picked up, but it was a good day out no matter what happened.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Great report mate unlucky losing the monster. Did see a few boys out in a boat there on sunday probley was you and your mates , we did give a wave ,and got a wave back. Our fishing was,nt so good.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great report mate unlucky losing the monster. Did see a few boys out in a boat there on sunday probley was you and your mates , we did give a wave ,and got a wave back. Our fishing was,nt so good.
yeah mate, i did give you a wave back, always nice to be nice:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
hardlines on the beast mate there are a few things in that loch but would guess at a conger did you use wire at all:) :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hardlines on the beast mate there are a few things in that loch but would guess at a conger did you use wire at all:) :)
yeah m8 wire trace, but knot failed , wont let that happen again, but to bring it up so far and then it fails just beggars belief

·
Registered
280 Posts
Madmaxie i would have liked to have even seen the white of the monsters eyes,unlucky,now you know how i felt when happened to me.By the way remember the conversation on Sunday about who had the most fish this season,read them and weep.Again unlucky.:notworthy

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
if it was the orange bohy round from airds point that you where , this is the mark that i had the 48+ lb conger .

there are some monsters in there mate , thats why i keep going back.

good day out though , well done
al

·
Registered
627 Posts
hi we were at loch etive on sunday wee were on the alaska 500 it was a long day with few fish showing the best a thornie about 4 lbs and spurs to 3 a couple of dogs but i thought it was going to be better but never mind the weather was good wee also tried round at airds bay but no luck cheers m8:boat:

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya,

hi we were at loch etive on sunday wee were on the alaska 500 it was a long day with few fish showing the best a thornie about 4 lbs and spurs to 3 a couple of dogs but i thought it was going to be better but never mind the weather was good wee also tried round at airds bay but no luck cheers m8:boat:
Would that have been the Alaska with the twin engines ??

If it was I passed you just at the petrol station before Bowling, that's a very nice wee set up you have there :clap3:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts