World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived at Etive 10.15 am to calm water and terrential rain,launched the boat by 10.30 with myself Captain Shimano and dopey Fisher on board.Headed to the secret location and within 10 mins had my first take and landed a wee Thornie with me braggin thats 1 nil boys.BIG MISTAKE!!Fisher then with his new rod and a loan reel says ive got something big on the end of this and landed his first Spurrie ever as he doesnt do much sea fishing,and what a fish it was.So still ****ing from the heavens we carried on fishing and WHACK!! Wee Shimano is in,givin it OOOOOOOOH as he reels it in,Yet another Spurrie, this has to be the biggest Spurdog ive ever seen,We didnt have any scales to weigh the fish but as you can see from the pics these Spurries were big.Talk about being left with egg on your face,the only thing i could touch was a few whiting not for the lack of trying for the Spur of all spurs.All in all a great day out with a bit of a red face as i feel i was put to shame by the novices.Left Etive 5.15 pm and took alot of stick from them both on the way home in the ****ing rain.

Total for the day was 3 Spurries,1 Ling,1Thornie,2 Gurnard,13 Whiting.

As i didnt have scales please could you estimate the weight of these fish?

Attachments

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Arrived at Etive 10.15 am to calm water and terrential rain,launched the boat by 10.30 with myself Captain Shimano and dopey Fisher on board.Headed to the secret location and within 10 mins had my first take and landed a wee Thornie with me braggin thats 1 nil boys.BIG MISTAKE!!Fisher then with his new rod and a loan reel says ive got something big on the end of this and landed his first Spurrie ever as he doesnt do much sea fishing,and what a fish it was.So still ****ing from the heavens we carried o fishing and WHACK!! Wee Shimano is in,givin it OOOOOOOOH as he reels it in,Yet another Spurrie, this has to be the biggest Spurdog ive ever seen,We didnt have any scales to weigh the fish but as you can see from the pics these Spurries were big.Talk about being left with egg on your face,the only thing i could touch was a few whiting not for the lack of trying for the Spur of all spurs.All in all a great day out with a bit of a red face as i feel i was put to shame by the novices.Left Etive 5.15 pm and took alot of stick from them both on the way home in the ****ing rain.

As i didnt have scales please could you guess the weight of these fish?
guessing the size of fish as bloody big nice one guys it looks as if the weather wasnt to freindly to you

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Well done guys :clap3::clap3::clap3: sorry i couldnt make this trip, certainly looks as if i missed a good day:schmoll:

Id say they are over 10lb so well done:clap3:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Nice report guy's, Looking at the photo's it was wet !!!! Although you don't mind it when your catching :)

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Nice report guy's, Looking at the photo's it was wet !!!! Although you don't mind it when your catching :)
how true:clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Great report m8, and very nice fish:clap3: pitty about the weather.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nice couple of double figure spurs well done mate.
Neal
The Skink

1 - 8 of 8 Posts