World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi going up to loch etive for a all nighter tomorrow just wondering if any one has fished the pier at taynult if its any good or any other marks to try i know a few marks well past the gate past the quarry but the gates were locked can anyone tell me if the gate is loched all the time or i was just unlucky the last time up there the other mark i know is at conal

·
Registered
2 Posts
codhunter said:
hi going up to loch etive for a all nighter tomorrow just wondering if any one has fished the pier at taynult if its any good or any other marks to try i know a few marks well past the gate past the quarry but the gates were locked can anyone tell me if the gate is loched all the time or i was just unlucky the last time up there the other mark i know is at conal

Fished the quarry at Bonawe many times, gate past quarrie locked most of the time now by the bothy boys, best to try in the week when the mussel farm workers go through. Try ardhatten priory mark, doggies at low water and the church at dusk for good spurdogs. Going up myself all next week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
spellbound said:
The walks not too far from the second gate even if it's locked.
hi do you know if you can camp around the loch? and where is best to fish from the shore at loch etive? does it fish good during dark. thanks for any info you can pass on.

·
Registered
686 Posts
It usually fishes better after dark - even the shallower marks can produce double figure spurdog and conger.

Can't think of anywhere 'official' to camp on the north shore but there are areas of the shoreline that would take a tent/bivvy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts