World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is the first time i've used this forum. I recently fished at the pier at Taynuilt hoping to catch a spurdog but all i managed in 5 hours was one dogfish around 2lbs. I used frozen mackeral for bait and single hook pulley rigs. Could anyone tell me any other marks to try at loch etive and what baits and rigs to use.
thanks.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hi m8 welcome to the forum. Try squid as well, a fished there on monday nite/ tues mornin and ended up wi 11 spur 5 lsd's and 3 wee red cod for ma sesh, use a wire trace as a hook length. Am sure by later afternoon the guys that fish etive regular will give u more were and how's than ma limited know how.cheers.

·
Registered
144 Posts
last time i fished etive the mark i was at was infront of the priory church . if you walk straight on up to the water you will see a pipe to your left if you walk to wards that a bit you will come to the bit im usally at , its a huge drop off .i have had a good heap of spurs from that mark aswell as a few gurnards and 2 thornback rays and countless dog fish . i should be up at etive in a week or 2 so if you want to meet up for a chat etc just let me know .

·
Registered
659 Posts
you have a p.m

1 - 4 of 4 Posts