World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went over to one of my favorite marks on Loch Fyne last night. Got there at 7:30pm, 1 hour before low water. Set up the bait rods, Sandeel on both. Feathering for Mackerel until dark, only managed 1. The big rods did better, loads of LSD and a belter of a Thornback 8lb 4oz, new PB for me. Went to bed at midnight and got up at 7, again plenty of dogs but only managed 1 Mackerel, I also got 2 Dabs, both caught on Sandeel. Caught a few Corkeys and Gobys. Went to The old pier at the fish farm after furnace. What a tip, totally disgusted with the filth people leave behind. I will never go there again. I didn't catch any Mackerel so I decided to go home. I think I'll stick to the east side of Fyne from now on.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
nice thornnie fae the shore spin
the wee man no showing you this time round
looking like it was a braw night for it

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice Ray!
We were at fyne today, was fishing for bait, never caught any so we never had the chance to fish for anything else. Didnt help mind that i left all my fishing tackle at home and only realised ten mins from inverary. had some of my rods in the car so bought some traces and weights at inverary.
Didnt look like anyone was catching much.
Does the east fish ok at low tide?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice Ray!
We were at fyne today, was fishing for bait, never caught any so we never had the chance to fish for anything else. Didnt help mind that i left all my fishing tackle at home and only realised ten mins from inverary. had some of my rods in the car so bought some traces and weights at inverary.
Didnt look like anyone was catching much.
Does the east fish ok at low tide?
Yes low water is best.

·
Registered
77 Posts
excellent, so you could fish for bait on high tide then bait fish the other side at low. Sounds like a plan for next time i go.

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Nice trip $pinner - well done esp on the ray !!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thats a cracking Thornie you caught.
Nice wee wrasse as well - what bait did you catch it with?

How were the midgies?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Went over to one of my favorite marks on Loch Fyne last night. Got there at 7:30pm, 1 hour before low water. Set up the bait rods, Sandeel on both. Feathering for Mackerel until dark, only managed 1. The big rods did better, loads of LSD and a belter of a Thornback 8lb 4oz, new PB for me. Went to bed at midnight and got up at 7, again plenty of dogs but only managed 1 Mackerel, I also got 2 Dabs, both caught on Sandeel. Caught a few Corkeys and Gobys. Went to The old pier at the fish farm after furnace. What a tip, totally disgusted with the filth people leave behind. I will never go there again. I didn't catch any Mackerel so I decided to go home. I think I'll stick to the east side of Fyne from now on.

is that at the Jetty at St Catherines?

went there yesterday for the first time

f

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
cracking thornie there dermot .. pity i couldnt make it .. ill be out next week though

al

·
Registered
153 Posts
Was fishing on the east shoreline last night struggled to find mackeral or congers but plenty of dogs, in the morning no shortage of pollock and wrasse.Does anybody know wheres fishing for congers?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Was fishing on the east shoreline last night struggled to find mackeral or congers but plenty of dogs, in the morning no shortage of pollock and wrasse.Does anybody know wheres fishing for congers?

the best marks are the caves or conger alley, or furnace quarry .

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
hi dermot , ur last pic looks suspiciously like a dragonette ??? did it spike you at all when taking it off the hook ???

·
Registered
69 Posts
good catch there $pinner .had a sea trout off the shore last week up there,also went up to the old pier and i have never been so horrified with the mess.very glad i didnt take my kid on that trip.
:eek:fftopic:

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
Cracker of a thornie there. Looks like a good sesh.

·
Registered
564 Posts
How's it going, my mate is working for sepa and is based in loch fyne just now. He has been fly fishing for sea trout at the start of the loch near where there is a burn into the loch, but he keeps catching makeral all over 2lb as they are sitting feeding on waste from the fish farm up stream. Not entirely sure of the name of the place but I will find out. According to my mate he gets a fish every cast and each one strips him down to the backing.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thats this seasons goal, to catch a mackie on the fly

1 - 20 of 21 Posts