World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
woke up to a belter of a morning and decided to head to a mark i know at loch fyne , arrived there about 8am , the weather was a bit misty but the sun soon burnt through , i arrived at high tide and set up the 2 big rods , immediatley i was into a small dogfish , then another , i thaught this was going to be the stamp for the day but i was pleasantly surprised , after a couple of hours into the session the ratchet on the reel started clicking and after a 20 second run i struck into it and landed a nice wee thornback ray , it was very small , not much bigger than my hand , but still a ray all the same , just as i returned it and was baiting up the rig again the other rod went , it was a nice sized mackerel , and i had another 3 later on too. once the tide hit the low water mark , the reel started screaming again , this time it was a wee bit better ray of two and a half pounds .

about an hour went by without anything and then i noticed some wee knocks on the rod , on bringing it in it was a nice wee dab , and my last fish of the day was the biggest doggie i have ever seen , weighed it at 4.5lbs it was a monster (well for an lsd).

a great day out , a few fish and 4 species . and a head like a beetroot (sunburn)

excuse the quality of the pics but iwas alond and had the camera balanced on a rock with the timer on .

cairndow26-12.jpg

cairndow26-11.jpg

cairndow26-7.jpg

cairndow26-10.jpg

cairndow26-8.jpg

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Looks like a quality day there al, well done mate.
Neal
The Skink

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers mate

·
Registered
185 Posts
Great report Al.....great selection of species...seems quite a reliable mark....gonna try it again soon.....

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
nice one al :clap3: did all the mackeral come on bottom fished tactics ? any from spinning ? always a good session when you get a thornie or two :clap3:

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
first mackerel was on on the bottom on a pennel rig with mackie as bait, i did see a shoal pass through but by the time i set the feathers up i just hit the last of them and only got three .

aye it was a good day ,

al

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Well done Al !!! Cracking report, Its really good to see more and more Thornies showing in Loch Fyne :) :) Oh and the Mackies, Nice one m8 :clap3:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Nice one Al...I'm well pleased for you, not jealous at all, how's the head, is it sore, I do hope so, :kissing: but anyway mate well done, thats the mark where I got a big doggie from last year.....not long now, the lambings nearly finished........

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
nice one al good to see you working hard and a good sign that the mackies are coming good report mate was it a solo trip mate , not manage to get any warriors with you:clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
brilliant report al, its good to see the summer is bringing the fish back in, asfter a winter of catching bugger all lol.

the doggies a cracker!!!

Im glad to see one of MY marks is fishing well, Sh*te Mark Daz Comes Good, eh paul hehe!!
remains to be seen daz al is indeed a mighty warrior and it may have just been his force :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its Dazman's fishing tag along here, nice doggie mate cracking size. Going to get Darren out hopefully next Sun/Mon for a session

·
Registered
818 Posts
remains to be seen daz al is indeed a mighty warrior and it may have just been his force :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:
that is quite true paul, BUT it was still my vast wealth of knowledge of loch fyne that led to the jedi knowing about this mark :secret:

u will catch a fish from loch fyne yet big chap, ur problem being to date is Daz hasnt been there to show u how, u will soon see :notworthy

Mikey we will get up soon, next weekend depending on the club match on the sunday!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
great report and Pics .

quite a scenic area you fished there ehh. cracker o first pic.

good too see some mackerel are getting caught too.. hopefully some should be getting caught here soon.

Andy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts