World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving by Cairndow at LT, the emptiest I've ever seen that end of the loch, big old tides today. Couple of lads at Cairndow, more at 1st, 2nd and 3rd layby but we were heading for a mark by Furnace that I know.
Myself and Paul (PLee1974 from the forum) had eventually got a sesh together after many attempts; his "theories", brilliant patter and scientific notions made the journey much shorter and kept me awake on the way back.
So, LT was about 11am. Bait was rag, fish baits and the last of the Indian mackerel I'd got for 3 quid for 12 from SeeWoo last time I was in for squid.
We did have several lengthy attempts with feathers for "seasonal visitors" but no show as yet.
Little evidence of bait fish, diving birds etc etc so clearly a bit early for dem m**kies.
Baits in the water and lots of finicky bites before Paul gets a decent sized dog, swiftly followed by another. Then myself with another. Missing loads of bites too. Rag and squid doing the damage.
Eventually downsized the hooks and I got a double shot of a codling about 20cm and a beautifully coloured (on the underside) SSS. No pics of fish today although I believe Paul took some scenery pics which I'm sure he'll share on here!
Indian mackerel also took one of many, many dogfish but I reckon any bait would have done the trick today.
Final score-loads of LSD's, a codling and one SSS.
Nice weather to be out too.
Joe

·
Registered
580 Posts
good session for you joe, cairndow was dead on Friday night aswell I was surprised I was the only one at that side of the loch especially as the fishing was good.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frank, by "emptiest" I meant the lack of water! The tide was so far out you could have walked almost across at Cairndow.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Wonder ware these thornies are hiding?deeper water?or just off the feed?Nice report,looked a touch windy but cracking day for it!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Ahh right joe lol. Yea I know what you mean joe I saw that with the low tide on friday night. They will be there burkey but there was that many dogs on friday night the rays didnt stand a chance of getting on to my baits first tbh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts