World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at going lochfyne sometime in summer and would like to take daughter so it wouldnt have to be long walks etc would be camping

i was thinking of etive but i cant remember anywhere that could fish close in without walking far

TiA
ade

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
adeys theres a campsite about 5 miles west of inverary it has all the mod cons(showers shop pub) and a couple of marks within walking distance only thing is i dont know if its for caravans only or not furness is just down the road as well dazhappyhooker is the man to pm his family have a caravan there he knows all the marks i think you can dig bait there too

·
Registered
830 Posts
Theres plenty of places at Etive and Fyne where you can almost fish out the back of the car. Etive would idealy need some darkness, but Fyne will fish for loads of species in the summer in daylight.

·
Registered
234 Posts
adeys theres a campsite about 5 miles west of inverary it has all the mod cons(showers shop pub) and a couple of marks within walking distance only thing is i dont know if its for caravans only or not furness is just down the road as well dazhappyhooker is the man to pm his family have a caravan there he knows all the marks i think you can dig bait there too
I take it thats the Argyle caravan site, I was on their website the other day looking for somewhere on Fyne to lanuch a boat, and it says they no longer take tents, only caravans, im sure there will be a few other places though

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
thanks bf79 i wisnae sure just by the oyster restraunt is a good mark all along that shore is good for a tent even though theres no a lot of room you can dig worms to your right and the macky cought at iverary 5 minutes away this is a low water mark so is the oposite shore at cairdow its also not too bad for peelers i had a good run last year here

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
strangly enough the midges dont bother me well they didnt when i used to live in england

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Scottish midges are bams though Adeys, Not like the whimpy English ones :) :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Fished loch fyne twice over the last two years,
found an cracking mark at Minard, caught doggies, codling, coalie,wrass and eel on bait and spun for mackies. Nothing more than a 50/60 yard cast needed. Plenty of parking and only a 10 min walk or so through the woods on an established pathway.Bmac is right about the midges though!
If you want full directions just let me know and I will PM you.
Hope you enjoy it and good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts