World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The family and I fished Loch Fyne on the east shore for the 1st time. I caught 3 Dog fish, 12 Mackerel and a nice wee Pollack. I only noticed as the sun was going down that i had left my midge net in the house :cry: I had to hit the tent at 9.30pm as i couldnt take the wee feckers anymore. I ventured back out at 3.45am the next morning. I set my bait rods back up then used the feathers till about 8am. They were biting lumps out of me, serves me right for forgeting my net :doh: As we were heading back up the loch side road on the way home, we were brought to a stand still by a tree that had fallen through the night right over the road. So we had to turn around and go the long way home. Just aswell i didnt blank or it would of been a bummer of a session.

Steven

IMG]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p351/willeton_photos/loch%20Fyne%20July%2025th%2008/DSC00491.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
461 Posts
is that you behind the mackie stevie.i can just make you out:clap:nice catches mate.lookin good:fishing:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thinkin of goin up that way monday stevie,is it awrite for camping that side,deep water n that,what baits were you using.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Passed the remains of that tree this morning on my way up there :)

Done not too bad myself today,few wee doggies,the usual loads of mackies.
Took my skin so soft,the midges annoyed me for about 45 seconds,then I was fyne ;)

Theres a few decent spots up there that you can camp along the road towards otter ferry.
Baitwise I had rags,mackies,squid,and sandeel,the sandeel didn't seem to go down too well though!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Nice session there, I like that side of the loch, from the look of the road you were past Stracur. I was looking at C Map, http://mappe.c-marina.com/main/search/portsearch.asp?jInstalled=true, great site, just like online admarilty charts, got it off here ,Davie Hold I think it was. Anyway when you look at it you see that Fynes a deep loch in places. I fancy the point just after Otter ferry, looks very fishy, I just need to decide on when.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers folks

bboab (The wife thinks so anyway, that will do for me mate)

wilky55555 (Theres a few good spots for camping. The water was deep at the bit i was at as there was a rock face beside us. If you can cast a good distance, i think you will be into fish anywhere along there. All i had for bait was Mackerel, Squid and a small packet of sandeels. A cocktail on your hooks should land you the Dogfish. They were bigger than the Dogfish i caught at Furnace a few weeks ago. Good luck)

scootb73 (Well done on your fish mate, ive got that skin so soft myself. It might be ok for through the day, definately need a net at night as they disco dance on you all night. I cant go it when they tickle me rotten, i end up rubbing them and taking the cream of. I find if i cocktail with sandeel the dogfish love it)

$PINNER (Cheers for the C MAP, i hope you do well when you take a trip up. Keep your eyes peeled for falling trees)

Steven

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
well done on your trip stevie, i never got out this weekend ( working).

looking forward to next weekend though

al

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
that poor mackie. i dont know how you sleep at night. scaring it like that. well done on the catches.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
big-al (Im looking forward to the meet aswell al, dont forget your midge net. Its cost me alot of fish last night as i had to get out of them without it, i was sitting in the tent raging. It was a great spot that was teaming with life. Im taking a saw up to cut down every tree within ten miles, so the midges have know where to live during the day lol.

MARTYB lol. (I could think of worse ways to die. How about a splinter from a shakespeare rod in the eye, penetrating the brain. Would need to be a good shot for you though)

Steven

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
lol. I could think of worse ways to die. How about a splinter from a shakespeare rod in the eye, penetrating the brain. Would need to be a good shot for you though.

jesus. what about a 8oz gripper through the eye,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts