World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and his mate fished with me today, well I mean that they fished and I steered the boat.

launched at Argyle caravan park and moved over to the right of the loch to the rock face at the cairn.

Small pollack hit the Sabikis immediately and were too numerous to count. We were only about 30ft of the rock face so I put on a float with raggies. Plenty of nips but no fish. Drat as I wanted a big Pollack. A codling of around 1lb took the feathers.

A switch to lead heads and raggies again produced many nips but nothing big.

After a few hours we moved to the bay on the left, just beyond the caravan park and here the action took off.

3 small Thornies around 2-3lb and 1 doggy to frozen mackerel and squid tipped.

2 Gurnard, plenty of pollack and the biggest mackie of the day took the raggies tipped with squid.

My son stayed with the Sabikis and was hauling the mackies in 5 at a time in under 30ft of water.

Pollack continued to be interspersed through out the bay.

6 species and 2 new ones for the boys with the thorny and doggy.

The look of contentment on their faces said it all.:fishing:

·
Registered
43 Posts
hi my boy and i also had a good days fishing across the loch at st cathrines 5 species coley, cod,flounder, lsd,& mackeral. unfortunately thats where the luck stopped but for a passing guy in a 4 x 4 i would have lost the van as it was we didn;t get home until 2 am so don;t risk st catherines without 4 x 4.
as for you well done the wall at the cairn is a good mark and further towards furnace 500 yds theres a rock face where theres a chance of conger.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi there, myself and my brother are heading out in the boat from the caravan park on saturday,
Will be looking for makeral first then bait fishing in the afternoon,was wondering if using makeral as bait around the area to the left of the caravan park would work?
The boat doesnt have an anchor,would using a really heavy weight work or would the drifting not result in much?
Any other tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Greig

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi there, myself and my brother are heading out in the boat from the caravan park on saturday,
Will be looking for makeral first then bait fishing in the afternoon,was wondering if using makeral as bait around the area to the left of the caravan park would work?
The boat doesnt have an anchor,would using a really heavy weight work or would the drifting not result in much?
Any other tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Greig
try and tie to a boay or a mooring thats what i do you may catch on the drift but i find its better tied up

·
Registered
775 Posts
Good day but....never, repeat never launch without a good anchor and anchor line or chain. You could die without one - its just not worth the risk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts