World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bro and i went to cairndow today , fished for 4hrs in very squally conditions , windy heavy rain then sun , arrived at 930am ,tide rising ,bait frozen ,squid , sandeels, prawn, mackerel and 1 fresh mackerel, quite a few bites missed on the fresh mackie , but caught 1 thornback bout 4lb , and 1 doggie, bout a pound , lost another doggie in the kelp, saw a few boys out , met big paul from newcastle,he and his mate were heading back from a weekend trip ,his pal landed a thornie over 2lb his first :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: , didnt get the fellas name, but left them there so hopefully they got more, tried for mackies with spinning rod but blanked, but heard that a few had been caught at inveraray pier .

Attachments

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
i think that was big paul i fished with him at etive on friday :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
no m8 ,silver rover big paul had the camper van, were you on our side of the loch.
no mate i was just up by the loch fyne bar, seen another couple a guys in a sherpa van fishing near craigdhu,

i never caught any mackerel either, just doggie fishes

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
my bro and i went to cairndow today , fished for 4hrs in very squally conditions , windy heavy rain then sun , arrived at 930am ,tide rising ,bait frozen ,squid , sandeels, prawn, mackerel and 1 fresh mackerel, quite a few bites missed on the fresh mackie , but caught 1 thornback bout 4lb , and 1 doggie, bout a pound , lost another doggie in the kelp, saw a few boys out , met big paul from newcastle,he and his mate were heading back from a weekend trip ,his pal landed a thornie over 2lb his first :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: , didnt get the fellas name, but left them there so hopefully they got more, tried for mackies with spinning rod but blanked, but heard that a few had been caught at inveraray pier .
Well done on the fish bud. Im Greg BigPauls mate lol. was Great catching my first ever thorny. Looks a cracking mark for in the summer when hopefully theres a chance of catching the sun not a cold lol.Thanks for the bait you guys gave us very kind.Nice report well done:)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well done on the fish bud. Im Greg BigPauls mate lol. was Great catching my first ever thorny. Looks a cracking mark for in the summer when hopefully theres a chance of catching the sun not a cold lol.Thanks for the bait you guys gave us very kind.Nice report well done:)
no bother greg , well done on the thorny ,maybe see you and big paul there again:thumbs: :thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts