World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i229/williamspgo/lochthornback.jpg
after a decent session at etive i decided to try a mark a few of us have been looking at for a while after a drive along a single track road for about 20 miles which can only be described as scenic and a little scary i picked a mark that looked as good as any and got set up,and yes you guessed it it started raining as soon as the tide turned the thornbacks came on ,it started off with one of about 9lbs and then 5lbs maybe 2lbs and then a postage stamp 10ozs maybe then right on cue the doggies arrived only managed to get two up the rocks as they were letting the bait go as they came in,and then since i had only had 3 hours kip at etive i fell asleep in my floaty woke up to hear my abu screaming away ,and after dragging the biggest fish in the world out of half a dozen snags it turned out to be a 2lbs strap and thats being kind,after that the weather started to get fresh so decided to head for home i had struggled to get a thornie this year and got four in one day in broad daylight apart from the weather a very good place to spend a flood tide well worth the effort will be going back sorry about the photos they were taken on my mobile with a dodgy battery the coke tin is there to try and give some scale but i dont think it works all that well i didnt mention the bait was mackies and squid the thornies preferred the squid and everything else took the mackie I did throw out a string of feathers but no takers today better luck next time eh

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was three males a female ads no runs like an etive fish just loads of the rod nodding away the way the strap struggled i was expecting at least a double i had a good laugh when it broke the surface all weights are at best a guess but an educated one i hope

·
Registered
267 Posts
can you leave some fish for the rest of us to catch eh paul am ****ed i didnt catch a big spur at theweekend,just wouldnt come on to the bait,where we were fishin ,crab city its defo the spot for the big spur:clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
well done paul, the force was with you this weekend .:clap2::clap2:

looking forward to our next trip.:secret:

al

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aye it was a top weekend alright and pretty chuffed i managed a thornie at last

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Spot on well done paul. Fancy it after sunart boat?

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
could be worth a try mate there are so many marks along that road that i dont think it would matter where you throw your bait to be honest:unsure:

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok gus i agree it was a good call the other mark will be better when the ferry isnt running:notworthy:notworthy

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
paul
a great report:clap3::clap3:
we had a hell of a time fishing in the wind and rain
like you we caught a few fish

·
Registered
851 Posts
Well done Paul, "great weekend you had" I think some Jedi might have to get together and try this wee mark , what do you think.......

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
apart from the location it seemed to be easy fishing mate you should have gone north instead :yeah:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts