World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from a week up at Glencoe with the family. Took a couple of spinning rods for any time I could get to wet a line. Went out last Sunday night for 10 mins. Thats all I could last with the midges. If the fish were biting like the midges I was in for a treat. Anyway my oldest daughter was with me and we were spinning away when she said a duck had surfaced and then gone under so she didn't want to cast again. Next thing a sea otter surfaced about four feet from us. Amazing sight, so close, there big feckers aswell. Called it a night after that as we were getting eaten alive. Anyway got some midge nets at Fort William and tried again with the young lad the next night, Tuesday. Fished for about three hours at a couple of marks recommended by a local. Not a bite, but at least we kept the midges off with our new fancy head gear.
I had a rake about the shore on Wednesday for some bait and got some fairly healthy sized mussels. Out on Thursday night again with the young lad had a go with some mussel on a float and the spinners again, not a touch. I decided to try spinning a jelly worm aka(Fif3r website style)and first cast a nice wee pollock.
[/IMG]

A few casts later another wee pollock.

[/IMG]

It was then getting a bit dark and we had a fair climb back up to the car without lights. We didn't manage any more fishing but at least we caught something for our efforts and really enjoyed the scenery and a change from East Coast fishing.
PS Thanks for the jelly worm tips on your website Andy saved the blank!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Great report :clap: and nice pictures to go with it. Good to hear you got some midge nets, its the only way to stop them driving you mad while fishing.

Steven

1 - 3 of 3 Posts