World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

me and the family are arriving at the loch linnhe caravan site tomorrow (thursday) and i would like to if anyone has fished the area recently, and if so what are the best methods to try??

thanks in advance

nick

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well that us just back in from our weekend away. all i can say is that i didn't blank!! first incoming tide i had x2 pollock (x1 foul hooked) on the tinsel feathers, next afternoon managed a small codling on a very long cast into the deep channel on mussel and mackrel, and then last night i managed what i think was a coalie of about 1.5lb. i didn't reall think to give it a good look cos it was badly foul hooked with a treble and it was also quite dark :) to be honest it was a bit slow compared to what i was expecting but i spoke to a couple of the local anglers and they said all the fish has almost all dissappeared over night with no explanation. i didn't see one mackrel landed around where we were fishing, and only x2 landed from fort william car park.

hopefully it will be better when we go next time :)

cheers

nick

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
fish disappear don't i know , 1 day there next day off ???.
but at least you never blanked ,
were you only spinning

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mainly spinning but i put out two beach casters to try and reach the main tidal flow. thats where the codling came from. unfortunately i had to pack in the beachcaster idea as the tide was ripping through and i lost 9 sets of gear in under 2hrs.

will take more spinning gear next time and something heavier to get out further

cheers

nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts