World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told today by a pal that there has been a mass escape from a salmon farm on loch linnhe fort william has anybody heard anything he says that every bank pier and beach in the area is mobbed

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
If there has, these fish only know how to eat pellets and will not survive. They are also unlikely to go for other lures / baits etc. They'll begin dying off of malnutrition in a few weeks and start getting washed up - probably quite close to where they escaped from.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
They are also unlikely to go for other lures / baits etc. .
they most definately do !!! ...nature and hunger has a way of sharpening any animals killer instincts !! whether they were brought up in cages or not !!:clap2:

·
Registered
698 Posts
If there has, these fish only know how to eat pellets and will not survive. They are also unlikely to go for other lures / baits etc. They'll begin dying off of malnutrition in a few weeks and start getting washed up - probably quite close to where they escaped from.
Does that mean you could walk through Blair Drummond lion pen and they wouldnae eat you because they`ve allways been fed unnaturally :g: :roll1:

·
Registered
557 Posts
The fact that these fish have been cage reared means they'll take almost any lure or bait that comes to them.

A bit like stockie bashing with newly introduced trout.

·
Banned
1,597 Posts
The fact that these fish have been cage reared means they'll take almost any lure or bait that comes to them.

A bit like stockie bashing with newly introduced trout.

I have pellet flies made from round cork balls that act like pellets when you thrash the surface:clap2:

Stick on an orange fly or any lure:bleh:

I was told today by a pal that there has been a mass escape from a salmon farm on loch linnhe fort william has anybody heard anything he says that every bank pier and beach in the area is mobbed
Where is everyone launching from oops!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts