World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up early to drop wife off at work then up to Loch Long. After last week I was confident...Oh Dear!
Arrived at the same mark and was fishing for 8. I lobbed out a mackerel flapper for a wee try at conger.
Then a 2 hook flapper on the bottom with lug, rag, mackerel and all combinations thereof.
Then a spinning rod with all sorts of lures and eventually a float with the above mentioned baits. There were fish jumping 200m to my left and 100m to my right, I saw the whales blowing but hee haw to me:cry:
I know the tides weren't right but I thought 3 hours down and a couple up would get something. I eventually chucked it and headed home with the rain just starting, down but not out .
I even Googled Pilot whales in case they were big fish eaters. Not even that excuse. lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Up early to drop wife off at work then up to Loch Long. After last week I was confident...Oh Dear!
Arrived at the same mark and was fishing for 8. I lobbed out a mackerel flapper for a wee try at conger.
Then a 2 hook flapper on the bottom with lug, rag, mackerel and all combinations thereof.
Then a spinning rod with all sorts of lures and eventually a float with the above mentioned baits. There were fish jumping 200m to my left and 100m to my right, I saw the whales blowing but hee haw to me:cry:
I know the tides weren't right but I thought 3 hours down and a couple up would get something. I eventually chucked it and headed home with the rain just starting, down but not out .
I even Googled Pilot whales in case they were big fish eaters. Not even that excuse. lol.
waw, youve predicted your days fishing for tomorrow, thats pretty mental, now you can see it wont be worth going tomorrow:bangin:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's how glad I was to get it ended lol.

·
Specimen Hunter
3,295 Posts
unlucky fella, always nxt time

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
:doh: Let's face it we all get days like that. The time to worry is if it happens every time we wet a bloody line.:headhurt:

·
Registered
654 Posts
tuff luck that time, But thats what keeps us going back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts