World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a number of good sessions last week so im going to do 2 reports. Last week started with a great session on loch long at the arrochar end. I fished 2 rods, one with a clipped down 2 hook rig and one with a one hook pennel rig. Baits were rag worm, lug worm and mackerel strips. Bites were slow to start so i started fishing soft plastics on my lure rod which produced a decent cod and a mackerel. I also had a surprise on the lure rod accidentally snagging a very small Gar fish which ive never had on loch long before! The bites started on my baited roads and i had 3 or 4 small codling followed by a cracking scorpion fish. The biggest surprise of this session came last, a bite on my pennel rig turned out to be a small haddock which is also a first for me on loch long! Was a great session with the haddcok and gar fish really making it for me!

My second session last week was under the erskine bridge and on the break water at bowling. Again i just fished 2 rods with the same setup and baits. Had bites straight away under the bridge, a small flounder on the first cast and a codling about 1lb on the second cast. After this i caught a number of eels and was interested to see them spitting up sprats that they had obviously been feeding on! didnt think eels would be able to take sprats in the water? Once the eels started biting they didnt stop, i ended up with about 6 or 7 and decided to move over to bowling. I fished by the small hut on the breakwater and had 3 eels and a cracking codling about 1.5lbs! I decided that it might mean the cod are going to start showing and fished bowling again for a full session which will follow in the next report. Cheers for having a read!

Loch long and Arrochar a.JPG

Loch long and Arrochar b.JPG

Loch long and Arrochar c.JPG

Loch long and Arrochar d.JPG

Erskine and Bowling a.JPG

Erskine and Bowling b.JPG

Erskine and Bowling c.JPG

·
Registered
605 Posts
nice one, that wee garfish is cool.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nice report. Always nice to see a Haddock on the go!

Reactions: FloatFisher99
1 - 5 of 5 Posts