World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,I was thinking of loch long or fyne for a day trip with the kids this wk.has anyone fished them lately iv not bn for a few wks.how are they fishing at the moment? Thanks jimi

·
Registered
258 Posts
fished top end of loch fyne middle of june, plenty mackies, wasnt fishing for anything else

·
Registered
11 Posts
plenty of mackerel while fishing cairndow at low tide(spinning).invereray pier at high tide. the stretch of water between faslane and arrochar have produced as well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
we fished arrochar last friday and trawler was up and down a good few times we were in boat and stuggled to find mackies but still ended up with about nine mackies and one 2lb cod

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi jim i was up at loch fyne from fri til sunday there camping and fishing.
The fishing was worse than crap , there wz 3 of us fishing from cairndow to furnace . 1 makie and 1 sml pollock mate.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Could the amount of rain over the past few weeks be having an effect? must have been a fair amount of freshwater dumped into the lochs recently that might be putting the fish off or causing them to move further down the loch.....?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi guys thanks a lot for the info.fished for few hrs before high tide.we tried spinning ,feathers ,with no fish .we then tried float fishin turned out not a bad day with 4 mackies on sand eels .kids were well chuffed .loch long is a shadow of its self these days not sure why .that's the first time we have used sea floats and won't be the last lol .will try the fyne sn.thanks again guys jimi .

·
Registered
170 Posts
fished loch fyne sunday from kayak jimi ...one maccie but like yer man said rain n fresh water puttin them off ..plenty showing on finder on bottom and not to far out ..mabee 45/50 mtrs from shore ..
a wee break in the weather an am sure it will fish better ..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Fished loch long for 25 years. Every other year other than this one, by
August ive always had hundreds of good sized mackeral.
This year after 5 visits ive caught 7 Mackeral of decent size.
So i wouldnt waste your time with Loch Long.

Regards

James

·
Registered
339 Posts
I can remember when lock long was full of cod big ones as well me and my dad and his mates went up there every year in may. sound like the mackie have gone not just the cod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts