World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a few hours on loch long today. Sun was out and weather was perfect so i went for it. First cast landed my one and only mackeral of the day! continued on for mackies after that but no luck! moved on to the float and managed to land a number of small pollock, a wrasse (about 1/2lb) and a blenny! i would also note that i saw a few small shoals of mullet pass me by while i was fishing which was pleasant to see! any tips on mullet fishing?? and as a final note the gannets were diving out on the loch which was a sight to see! tight lines...

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
yes! very light line tactics, fresh water style of fishing with tiny hooks and a waggler float, with bread yes (bread) bait the area up with the bread , shread it up and scatter it in the area you are fishing! hook size a size 10 ana nip the bread flake on your hook , the bread will make the hook float are just below the surface hope this helps! i caught some nice grey mullet in holy loch a few years ago with these tatics jim.:fishing1:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was there on Sunday also. Tricky day. Never touched a mackeral all day and was pestered for an hour by the big black seal. Ended up with a small wrasse and a blenny myself. I also saw a couple of shoals of good mullet but decided against having a cast for them, life's too short!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts