World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there folks well decided to have a wee trip, down to loch long,with the wife and my son
so arrived there at about 3.00 :) tide was going out but had about 3hrs to fish, so we got set up
i was on hook and weight,and my son ross was on float
about 20mins i caught a small codling about 1lb just on the lip and no more, so it lived to fight another day and was returned again about 30min small codling retuned
then the next thing my son screams,:unsure: at me av goot a fish da comooon hurry up
he gets it in and its a wee codling his (first fish)he was well :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: cheesy smiled about it so i hope thats given him the bug now
so for the few hours we had was a good wee day out even the wife enjoyed it :notworthy :notworthy

·
Registered
199 Posts
good report m8 not bad for a couple of hours
nice to see yer boy catching as well
where abouts on loch long were you fishing and what bait were you using

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
a good report there
always great to see the kids catch some fish.:clap3: :clap3:
the smiles and panic in the faces are brill:)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kelpdog was fishing of the rocks nearer to the arrochar, side of the loch i think its called rossmay not sure and bait was just small cubes of mackies

·
Registered
199 Posts
Cheers Ramcheck
I might give Loch Long a try as I have been very interested in your last two reports
fished Loch Long as a kid for many years and went back up there last year about March I think
not a bite and all the sh** lying about put me off
was going to score loch long off my places to fish
but I would love to catch my first cod have not realy been targeting them apart from two winter trips to Arbroath and blanked both times
my west coast adventures have only produced doggies so far
a nice wee cod would make a change and of course it would be returned to fight another day
thanks for the info m8

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kenny i have only fish the loch long,twice and caught cod both times i was there
so i think its worth a shout i am going back next week again,and the water is deep too at the mark i was at if u go lets know how u get on i was gonna,go tomorrow night but not sure,whats happening yet

was at greenock morrisons make on monday night caught a doggie there so well chuffed

·
Registered
187 Posts
i was at loch long on sunday with a mate. he caught nothing but i got 3 small pollock on the spinner. not a good days fishing. we moved to the rocks at garelochead and caught nothing at all then to the lighthouse and same there, although one of the guys who was there already caught a wee flounder.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well done as i have fished Loch Long on numerous occasions and blanked.Again well done:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
doppelganger i was fishing loch long sunday and had a few cod biggest just under the 2lb mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts