World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi boat and shore fishing loch sunart and shore fishing around caulkien bay end of the month anyone know any good marks or any tips..
Looking foward to the trip had a great time last year fishing loch linnhe, sea trout and mackerel.

·
Registered
75 Posts
eh up mate,
for sunart fish at laga bay!! on your boat head half a mile out from the bay and you'll see a couple of marker bouys, tie up to one of these and fish away! must be a big rock or something down there as the uncle and myself had 30 - 40 fish there for a days fishing, with 90% of them double figures! the bag was mainly spurdog, various rays, normal dogs and congers! bout two miles west of laga bay there's a small island and that seemed the best place to catch bait! just drift up and down between the island and the shore for mackeral on feathers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks (doors 1978) was starting to think no one was ever going to reply.
Is the Island Carna? Have you ever shore fished Loch Sunart?

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya,

The lack of replies comes from the fact that few people will give information out about the Loch :(

It's the last place in the UK that you have a very good chance of double figure Spurdog on a regular basis. When I started fishing it 8 yrs ago, every fish was a double and a bad day seen over 60 of them to the boat. Sadly things have changed now, the commercials got wind of the Spurs being there and now it's a shadow of it's former self, almost as bad as Etive is :(

·
Registered
75 Posts
can't remember what the island is called! it's just a small one off of glenborradale, that i do remember! i've shore fished from the same area and had good results... it's well worth a go!

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
I think the Island is called Riska. Mackerel can be caught at either end of the channel between it and the mainland. Spurs etc are very hard to find at Sunart on most days. Catching them used to almost get monotonous - not nowadays !!
Watch what you tie up to , I am told the guys with the crab pots dont mind towing you to give you a lesson if you tie up to one end of a string of pots. !! :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts