World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Team Jedi
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got picked up by Thornback (Paul) at 9am for a wee West Coast sesh ,off we went with no real plans but see what happened along the way!!
Arrived at Fortwilliam and got some supplies from Morrisons and decided to head to the ferry beach accross the loch at Camusnagaul,set up a the rods to see what was about ,tide was full in and had just started ebbing so got ready for a few hours to try it,
First fish was a Doggie to Paul then a coalie on the wee rod to me ,so blank off time to enjoy it now,weather was great a bit oh a breeze coming up the loch but nothing to much and the rain seemed to be going over us with just the odd spot now and again.
The fishing started picking up although nothing big but enough to keep us interested with steady bites all afternoon .
We ended up with 9 species for the afternoon Thornbacks,Cod,Coalie,Dab,Mackerel,Whiting,Lsss,LSDs and Pollack nothing over 2lb but good fun anyway most caught on Mackerel/Bluey or sandeel combinations.

Decided to head down to Lochaline and try the West pier for a few hours at night ,arrived and it was a cracking night weather wise.

But that was that ,think we had three bites between us and nothing hooked ,still a nice night and the porpoises were working just off the pier so nice to see,packed up about 11pm as the wind was picking up ,pitched the tent and got the heads down Paul in the car me in the tent and the weather realy turned nasty with wind and rain all night ,got up at 07.30 and it was still drizzling so headed over to Jeans for a Haggis special and a Barge special each before driving all the way home again.
So a few fish in the afternoon and a beach i will return to in darkness and try again,So a big thanks to Thornback for the taxi there and back and as usuall the craic and company made it a good trip.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Enjoyed your report and photos, Lenny. Nae luck with the fishing and weather at Lochaline, though. I keep meaning to try my hand up there, but I've never managed it yet. Nice dab BTW! :)

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
nice report mate ,and a good days fishing .
cheers rab

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Can i just stress that the move to Lochaline was made on the assumption that if it was crap then the pub would be open and we could always visit jeans in the morning :icecream:,the Ft William mark is ok but nothing big ,but i have always thought i would like to fish it all night and then get a proper opinion of the place ,LA lived up to its reputation exellent or crap unfortunetly on this occasion it was crap,all in all a good trip and thanks to Lenny for his company great as always

·
Turbot Magnet
1,858 Posts
Nice report lads,nice amout of species,pity nothing new to Lenny at to is loooooooooooooooooong list... Now Paul take Lenny to the pub sounds like a plan...a bad one but a plan that man can drink any one under the table...is brother in law told me a story or two...lol

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Nice report lads,nice amout of species,pity nothing new to Lenny at to is loooooooooooooooooong list... Now Paul take Lenny to the pub sounds like a plan...a bad one but a plan that man can drink any one under the table...is brother in law told me a story or two...lol
man can only drink as far as the bottom of his wallet

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Nice report Lenny and good pics. Just been to LA the once and seem to recall you kicked my pert ass at darts !!!!

My main memories of the place was Davy and Lindas great hospitality,amazing wildlife,Jeans haggisburgers and Norries snoring LOL

John

1 - 20 of 23 Posts