World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
awricht lads, I am heading up to Lochinver for 3 or 4 days with the wife and kids and am hoping to squeeze in a few fishing trips, in between nappy changing etc. was wondering if anyone kens any good marks in or around lochinver although will probably be touring around North so any advice on marks, baits and species to expect would be greatly appreciated. I am still a novice at the old fishing malarky so don't have a clue what to fish for in this area or what rigs, bait to use. Cheers.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hello there - you can fish the pier at lochinver and there are plenty marks Just South of Inverkirkaig (Enard Bay)- keep your eyes open for whales and dolphins as there usually are a few around. Usual species. - Good luck!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Stop off at Clachtoll, walk round the left hand side of the bay to the point known locally as the split rock (you'll see it from the caravan site / common grazing area above the bay) good lythe and coalies off there on lures.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi fishing lochinver harbour can be a pain as the seals are every where,stoer beach will produce flounder,bass to descent sizes on the high tide ,turbot and brill..round to left of split rock will produce pollock,coalie and flounder and small plaice ..most of the beaches up there have flat fish on them.go into paper shop on right as you enter lochinver they might have some info for you,hope this helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the info,very helpful. what about bait tho? hav fished Achmelvich bay once before with earthworm and caught a nice wee floonder. would Ragworm,mackeral, squid be any good? will be stayin at the lochside accomadation chalets I think the chalets are practically on the beach. might go up to oldshoremore and roond aboot the area. lovely bit of the country up there. thanks again will give it a bash see how I get on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts