World Sea Fishing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Was out yesterday to wet a line....just here in Carnoustie, saw the coppers in the car park...... about the first I've seen of them....never gave me a 2nd glance !
Who knows............

...Probably in a hurry to get parked up and fire into that jumbo box of donuts!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Lockdown... what lockdown as a lorry driver I'm out on the road everyday except weekends, been all over the country all I can say their is not many people sticking to the rules.
Should've put my dash cam in lorry so I could upload what i see everyday. Even today Edinburgh to Glasgow must have seen several thousand cars on the road.
Joiners vans 2 or 3 people in van no masks, builders vans 2 people in vans no masks roofers same as above no masks.
Even where I live taxis picking up people without masks and drivers not wearing masks along with people on buses without masks on.
On way home from work today police car with ANPR was sitting watching everyone at the Queensferry Crossing was expecting to get pulled but no even though I stay 26miles from my work.
What annoys me most is I'm not allowed to go fishing at night on my own because I stay 3 miles to far away from the sea.
Just goes to show rules are being broken all the time so doesn't seem to matter what our brain dead politicians do with all the half hearted measures they think they are putting in place.
As you can guess I'm cheesed off that I can't go fishing when I see all this on a daily basis.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
It's tough ally and I can understand, but with people getting ill and dying, politicians can't sit and do nothing, they have all made a mess of it, but it's easy to sit with hindsight and pick faults. I listen to the scientists, they don't seem to have an agenda, they won't be after our votes for anything, so I tend to treat their input as accurate.........ish.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It's tough ally and I can understand, but with people getting ill and dying, politicians can't sit and do nothing, they have all made a mess of it, but it's easy to sit with hindsight and pick faults. I listen to the scientists, they don't seem to have an agenda, they won't be after our votes for anything, so I tend to treat their input as accurate.........ish.
Would that be the same politicians that drive hundreds of miles to test eye sight or go to holiday homes or rush back home from London with the virus lol great leaders

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hi Burnie, was more of an exasperated moan about what I see on an everyday basis. Yeah I know how tough things has been for everyone and still is.
Two and three people in a transit van social distancing? Also with reports that nurses and doctors are suffering with mental health problems. Politicians must be going along with their eyes closed along with the police as I would be stopping all those vans if I worked as a traffic policeman or woman as if you can't go into a relatives house then 3 workmates can't sit together in a tin box.
Girlfriends sister works as a resuscitation nurse so know how bad it is for them.
Yeah agree with scientists not having an agenda they give the facts to politicians to make decisions or help with decisions but ultimately it's the politicians that make the decisions that's how we end up with measures being implemented too late in my opinion. No point in asking a politicions why as you won't get the truth.
At my work we have had 2 people test positive 1 was halfway through his 2 week holiday and he caught it from his partner so we didn't have to isolate and the other was our woman driver that caught it when also on holiday just visiting her mother in law. What makes things worse as she got sick pay whilst other people at our work got 80% wages on furlough.
We have to sanitise our Lorry before we leave and at the end of our shift so vehicles are spotlessly clean inside the cabs but the vehicles I see transporting people to do roofs, building work etc have paperwork, empty cans, foodwrappers etc over quite a few of the dashboards.
Easy to see how virus came back with a vengeance also all the waste that's thrown out of vehicle windows since lockdown was eased is just disgusting.
The fishing bit was just a moan cause I can drive all over the country at work but not allowed to drive to an isolated spot in darkness to go fishing.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Allymac, what is restricting you from going fishing, do you have to cross from one council area to another to get to the sea?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Allymac, what is restricting you from going fishing, do you have to cross from one council area to another to get to the sea?
It's the 5 mile restriction that's stops me as the nearest place to fish is about 8 miles away but Costa del Methil docks doesn't appeal to me. Pittenweem, Anstruther and Crail are about half hour to 45 mins away.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
It's the 5 mile restriction that's stops me as the nearest place to fish is about 8 miles away but Costa del Methil docks doesn't appeal to me. Pittenweem, Anstruther and Crail are about half hour to 45 mins away.
Where are you picking up the 5 mile restriction from?
My reading is that you can travel up to 5 miles outwith your council area and okay anywhere inside it?
I will have a read of it again.
They of course would prefer it if we went bugger all nowhere which is fair enough.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

·
Registered
5,225 Posts

This is the angling specific guidance, encouraging to only travel as far as necessary, but that is your call if all within Fife.
Thanks for the link to the latest guidance for anglers.
Ive turned to pike fishing recently but haven’t been going as the pit is around ten miles from home, a twelve minute drive, but within North Ayrshire.
I might consider it now, but is still not an easy decision to take.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Could someone explain to me.....how going in a car....yourself....to a fishing spot....not near anybody else.....is going to infect anybody?
I'm not talking about taking anyone else.......not visiting any shops or interacting with others.
It's more dangerous going to Tescos....than being yourself at the sea....if you believe the narrative.
It only makes sense when you realize it's not about any "virus"...the "old normal" is being ripped apart....to usher in the "new normal".
If the PTB are trying to move the "sheep" from one field to another....most will comply.....however there will be sheep that won't go along....that's when the shepherd sends the dogs to get them in line....which is what we are seeing now.
They keep telling us about the new normal.....it's just no one is paying attention......they think that if they have a vaccine....it will be back to normal......it won't.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Thanks for the link to the latest guidance for anglers.
Ive turned to pike fishing recently but haven’t been going as the pit is around ten miles from home, a twelve minute drive, but within North Ayrshire.
I might consider it now, but is still not an easy decision to take.
It is not easy at all, as for many of us fishing is our therapy and way of coping with life's stresses.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Could someone explain to me.....how going in a car....yourself....to a fishing spot....not near anybody else.....is going to infect anybody?
I'm not talking about taking anyone else.......not visiting any shops or interacting with others.
It's more dangerous going to Tescos....than being yourself at the sea....if you believe the narrative.
It only makes sense when you realize it's not about any "virus"...the "old normal" is being ripped apart....to usher in the "new normal".
If the PTB are trying to move the "sheep" from one field to another....most will comply.....however there will be sheep that won't go along....that's when the shepherd sends the dogs to get them in line....which is what we are seeing now.
They keep telling us about the new normal.....it's just no one is paying attention......they think that if they have a vaccine....it will be back to normal......it won't.
It won't and it is permissable within certain criteria as I have posted so what is your point?

·
Registered
634 Posts

This is the angling specific guidance, encouraging to only travel as far as necessary, but that is your call if all within Fife.
Think easiest solution for me would be to phone the police and explain what I want to do and if it is acceptable under the guidelines as can be an expensive lesson if police stop me and interpret the rules differently.
Thanks for posting up the link though. Seems to me that it can be interpreted different ways depending how you read it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
To the person that deleted my post.

Truth doesn't need to delete conflicting thoughts.

That's Nazi ****....book burning things that are........going against the narrative.

Good luck everybody.....1984 is here...and the people bringing it about......unfortunately....think they're doing the right thing.

The ones deleting this...you will be held accountable for it.....good luck guys.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
The idea of protecting the NHS is that we don't put our selves of risk requiring someone else to come and get us, so hill walking or fishing might be ok if you don't get lost or fall and break your leg, have an accident on the way to or from your destination. Some coppers are over reacting and some people are taking the p1$$. Those of us in the middle are bounced around by the extremes of either side, because of my missus I am not currently fishing as she is very vulnerable. I reckon I might get my jag for the virus in March, so it will be Bass and flattie fishing or after a Spring Salmon on the Esk rivers will be my next trip out.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
The idea of protecting the NHS is that we don't put our selves of risk requiring someone else to come and get us, so hill walking or fishing might be ok if you don't get lost or fall and break your leg, have an accident on the way to or from your destination. Some coppers are over reacting and some people are taking the p1$$. Those of us in the middle are bounced around by the extremes of either side, because of my missus I am not currently fishing as she is very vulnerable. I reckon I might get my jag for the virus in March, so it will be Bass and flattie fishing or after a Spring Salmon on the Esk rivers will be my next trip out.
I think that is the difficulty, what you are allowed to do and what your conscience and circumstance tells you to do. I don't have a problem if someone does what they are allowed to do as long as they are compliant with current restrictions. As I said previously though the govt want us to stay in again as much as possible.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts