World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i keep seeing the long arm being mentioned and seems as if its a good venue to fish where exactly is it and where do i get a liceince from as i have heard i need one to fish it

G

·
Long arm cost £40.60

You need to get in contact with:

Corus Sports and Social Club
The ClubHouse
Groes
Margam
Port Talbot
W. Glam
SA13 2NF

Tel: 01639 871111 Ext. 3368

Evenings: 01639 882066

Short Arm £26.60

Associated British Ports
Harbour Office
Lockhead
Kings Dock
Swansea

Tel: 0870 6096699

Hope that lot helps

G

·
Welsh man of the valleys said:
So is the Short Arm the one by the Marina that's got the railings and a upper walkway along it ????
That is the West Pier, you are supposed to have a permit, but, no one has! In other words FREE, nuffink, sod all, zero pounds and zero pence.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My daughter said sun Morn, why can't we fish over there and I said you needed a permit.
I wish I knew that it's classed as free ,easy'r to get too to, save's you having to go all through swansea just turn off Jersey Marine.
Thank's Phil

G

·
Lots of people fish, I have fished there in past and dropped a bass of about 3lb, plenty of mackerel though. That was a couple of weeks ago though!

·
Registered
90 Posts
We was watching a couple of bass jumping over that side of the dock, then has we were leaving the sea just started boiling, with the bait fish going ballistic, to far away to cast to, they were about 10yrds from the other side.
Do you know what the bottom is like on the seaside of the pier, give it a go one evening this week.
They are out there somewhere??

G

·
Welsh man of the valleys said:
We was watching a couple of bass jumping over that side of the dock, then has we were leaving the sea just started boiling, with the bait fish going ballistic, to far away to cast to, they were about 10yrds from the other side.
Do you know what the bottom is like on the seaside of the pier, give it a go one evening this week.
They are out there somewhere??
The seaward side of the pier is sand, there are some very small rocks, but these go out for about 1 or 2 feet only. There is plenty of lug and small clams there as well!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
The one that welsh man from the valley refers to is the East peir in Swansea. There used to be awesome fishing off there and the ajoining wall, NOW there is a total ban on fishing there, u cant even walk along there.
The west peir in swansea is Fishable with a permit , but I have never seen anybody checking on there.
The Short arm in Port Talbot and the long arm in Port Talbot both require seperate permits as their both owned by seperate entities, and both Peirs DO get checked regularly for non permit holders.
The smaller jackstone peir is not charged because it is not deemed safe to fish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
RadioKaos said:
The one that welsh man from the valley refers to is the East peir in Swansea. There used to be awesome fishing off there and the ajoining wall, NOW there is a total ban on fishing there, u cant even walk along there.
The west peir in swansea is Fishable with a permit , but I have never seen anybody checking on there.
The Short arm in Port Talbot and the long arm in Port Talbot both require seperate permits as their both owned by seperate entities, and both Peirs DO get checked regularly for non permit holders.
The smaller jackstone peir is not charged because it is not deemed safe to fish.[/
QUOTE]

i have heard they are going to open it again i hope they do cause it is good fishing there..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts