World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished the long arm from around 715 ish til after sunset...... and blanked ahhhhhhh the mackrel were jumping lovely warm evening and nil,zero, zilch nothing.... * big sigh and a grunt < cracks a can of 1664 " ahhhh " * will have to console my self with a few cans and some cheese cake. tried the live bait traps out.. they work a treat once set in the right place.... i messed around with different attractants in the pockets.. herring/ bran and fish oil in one, squid shell fish mix in another, mackrel in another was great fun pulling them in and discovering what was inside each.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Got any info on those bait traps a link etc

Sounds like a valuable addition to my fishing armoury :)
and good fun when blanking consistently

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will send you a link...

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got a goos trade deal... they were selling them in a market in cardiff for nearly 16 quid each.. i got a job load and got them down to 12 i only have 3 left myself... thought they woulf be bigger but now i have actually used them they are great and work a treat.. there were slightly bigger ones... might get some but for now i will learn how to get the best from these.. with any luck will be able to get sand eel in em .... these fold up and clip together ... when open they are215 x 215 x 350mm. when i pulled the one up with herring and bran it was covered in crabs on the outside too... was hillarious.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
glengormley-gavin said:
Hard Lines Robski,

I know for a fact that it'll not dampen your enthusiasm.

Next time!!!!!!!

GG
well the last time i had 23 mackrel a gar fish and a pollock.. not to mention the first big conger i have been able to bring to the surface... it got away but i was extatic

·
Registered
472 Posts
What kind of things were you catching in the traps??

I have noticed some on ebay for £10 including post

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
numberous types of little fish, shrimp,prawn and crab.... of course, i was only giving em a try today as i only got them this afternoon

·
Registered
472 Posts
I know a few anglers who swear by using bait from the local area and it does make sense that fish follow their regular eating habits and scent trails when in search of foods.

besides it sounds like fun catching things from the sea, as I have forgotten what thats like this summer.

Cheers for the link chap

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
at which i am gutted... or would be but i have already sold the ones i bought and i have mine... shame this comp does not do the bigger ones

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
god i know that one this summer has been blankers heaven

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have boxes in the chest freezer which i put old bait... i take when i need to bully up... it works well...usually.! so i thought i would cut up a few different bits and place them in the inside bait pockets.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kelvindavies11 said:
rob give me a shut when you go down the long arm next time. id like to see the the trap in action lol.

kelvin
Kev will be down there on sunday morn i hope that was the original plan... we thought we would get a couple more casts by going down the arm last night seeing as we left it so late.. work commitments and all. i guess it will take a while to set these things up right and know which places are best to get results... we just threw them beyond the rock line last night as the tide was already up. good thing was they are light enough to attatch to the crab reals no probs in pulling em up... except the one covered in crabs lol.:)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Damn, couldnt help myself damn damn Rob " I just had to have one" One bait trap ordered, should be with me 1st thing in the morning :eek:

It's going to get wet tomorrow night on the cardigan coast.

damn damn hooked again lol

regards

Bobcat

p.s. Thanks for the link Rob :D

"wonder what the mrs is gonna say this time :p "

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bobcat said:
Damn, couldnt help myself damn damn Rob " I just had to have one" One bait trap ordered, should be with me 1st thing in the morning :eek:

It's going to get wet tomorrow night on the cardigan coast.

damn damn hooked again lol

regards

Bobcat

p.s. Thanks for the link Rob :D

"wonder what the mrs is gonna say this time :p "
you are more than welcome... happy hunting.
...... my mrs does not mind so long as i can bag a few prawns for her once in a while;)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
pandabear said:
looking 4 bait traps ???
I had an idea of trying these before never got around 2 it.
Any way here is the site I found
www.interextrading.com

They are based in lancashire.
Sound a pretty good investment 2 me

Pbear
thanx mate some of these were similar to the larger traps being sold.... much cheeper though... mmmm i can see the wife getting real pissed off soon lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts