Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down longarm saturday 06/09/09
loads of doggies as usual
lump of black seaweed
seaweed creature waving claws at me
alien seaweed creature got trapped in rocks by waves driven by SW winds
thought alien creature lost in the turbulant waves and weight trapped
yanking like a hillbillyredneck on rod to free rig
line springs free with limb flying towards me.
With much shaking of head and casting myself to the rocks, calling vehemently upon the gods of cuthburt, bartholomew and frederick...
the strap gave way on my faithful wristwatch of some 20yrs service and thus it fell to the watery abyss beneath my feet never to be seen again!
Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory..BAH!!!!!!
And my amulet lost to boot!.. DOUBLE BAH!!!!
Then we went down again on Sunday where I proceeded to loose several rigs involving considered use of beads and swivels (takin about 15min each to construct) and snapped the end eye of my rod.
Fekin nobbed off I am!!
:crazy::banghead::crazy::banghead::crazy:

Anyone care to guess at the size of the lobster from claw-size in the pix?? (actually I really would like estimates!!)

If I'm gonna feel gutsick I at least want a story to tell about the time I caught a jules-verne-sized crustacean and it got away with my stainless-steel treasure!!:laugh:

Oh yeah..we caught nothing but dogs over the 2 days..but I guess you already worked that one out.. :blink:

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well..just ate the captured limb
conclude that lobster somewhat over-rated
remeniscent of crabsticks although better presented and more challenging packaging
was expecting it to taste like claudia scheiffer.....:bleh:

·
Registered
603 Posts
just a guess from me i would say 3 lb half a pound each for the two claws judgeing by the size of your hand and two lb for the body

·
Registered
291 Posts
I BET THAT LOBSTER IS HEADING UP THE COAST TOWARDS SWANSEA BAY TO SHOW HIS OTHER LOBSTER/CRAB BUTTIES THE NEW WRIST WATCH HE GOT AS A PART EXCHANGE FOR HIS CLAW:yahoo:. DONT KNOW WHAT WATCH YOU HAD BUT I THINK THE LOBSTER HAD A BUM DEAL!!!:whistling. NEVER MIND I :busted_co WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO CATCH PROPERLY WHEN WE ALL GO NEXT LOL

·
Registered
631 Posts
Thats what you call the long arm of the claw:whistling

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
35 Quids worth!:roll1:

·
Registered
603 Posts
my mate was trying to get a crab out of a hole down the gower a couple of years back but pulled his crushing claw off he use to keep his hand very tight to the roof of the hole so the crab couldent get a grip on you he said you could feel them trying to pinch you then he use to time it and take a grab at them anyway this claw i saw myself just the claw it was as big as my hand expanded and weighed 2 and a half lb i think you might have been in the wrong place at the wrong time :laugh:

·
Registered
345 Posts
As a fellow Long Arm fisher I can sympathise with your losses. Since January this year a number of belongings of mine and fishing equipment have met a watery end down between the boulders.

Bad luck on the lobster. However ive heard they are caught occasionally on both Arms so chances are you'll get another in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
hope it wasn't his left claw the watch will keep falling off:whistling:whistling

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I still feel quite ill thinking about it..
bwaaah haah haah :cry::cry::cry:

lobster will grow another claw..I got to try and replace watch via an ebay pikey!:blink:

·
TEAM FORESHORE
1,793 Posts
I still feel quite ill thinking about it..
bwaaah haah haah :cry::cry::cry:

lobster will grow another claw..I got to try and replace watch via an ebay pikey!:blink:
next time your down there just WATCH:laugh: out for them lobsters ha ha pardon my pun :laugh:... tight uns ryan :victory:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts