World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when filling out the form for a long arm pass do u have to put a car reg. number on it

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Where do you get the form from??

Same question regarding the short arm

Any chance of a phone number for both etc please!

Question about both, which is the better, short arm or long arm??

·
Registered
300 Posts
yes shortarm is ABP in swansea docks
if u go down fabian way then turn left at lights by new macdonalds/mercedes garage then go right u come to a security hut. tell him where u going and he will sort u directions ( i think its stright on then on left as u go around the fishmarket/dock area. a big yellow brick new building. also the ferry terminal is there too
price is 26 pounds and unlike the longarm its a year from when u apply and not jan 1 to dec 31 like longarm
i got both licences and i prefer the shortarm

·
Registered
300 Posts
longarm phone is (01639) 871111 ext 3368
susan murphy or rachel potts

shortarm number is 0870 6096699

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
is the short arm rough boulders as well?

Can you fish back inside the walls ?

Have u got a phone number for the permits for the short arm?

Looks easier to find than long arm, is the litter a problem there and can u night fish?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CHeers people, directions for the both arms (long and short before I get funny comments from you lot)!

·
Registered
300 Posts
rough boulders on inside but flat concrete on outside towards aberavon
no night fishing allowed( but u can turn up just before it gets light)
there is a little bit of litter but it aint too bad
u can fish both inside and outside from halfway up
no fishing allowed before half way either side

ps phil the float u will love it on shortarm with a float as its great sport most days on the float

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How to make an old HAIRY fart happy ;) :p

What is the long arm like for float fishing as well??

I do own a beachcaster as well, a Century Carbon Metal. So I can use a multiplier and normal beachcasting rigs and gear as well, honest guv! :eek:

·
Registered
300 Posts
long arm float fishing is very hard on outside due to it not being sheltered and usually the waves too rough
the inside might catch but it is too shallow and i only ever had 1 fish inside and that was on the bottom

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for that, it looks as though it will be the short arm for brand of fishing then!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
why do you prefer the short arm ? A mate used to fish both and prefered to fish the short arm because he reckoned it was less rough and also the boulders were less dangerous and also was easier to get to.

Does everyone who fishes these venues have a permit, I have np problems in paying for fishing,as longa s others do

·
Registered
300 Posts
security are around most days plus they walk the piers to make sure everyone is off at dark

·
Registered
9,049 Posts
Phil the Float said:
Where do you get the form from??

Same question regarding the short arm

Any chance of a phone number for both etc please!

Question about both, which is the better, short arm or long arm??

ell om8. you can phone 01639871111 this is the sports and social club(corus),ask for a form for the long arm,fill in send back with fee and pasport photo.not sure about short arm pass ,could be assosiated british ports swansea

·
Registered
186 Posts
the long arm and short arm permits are both from corus and they are both inside the steel works the short arm is not over in swansea docks as stated in an earlier posting that is the east pier and swansea wall which you have been unable to fish for a number of years as have most abp sites around the country since 9/11 due to security risks , insurance premiums etc...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts