World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know whats coming out of Port Talbot Long Arm at the moment, I'm going there on Sunday.

Rinky dink

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
welcome dinky there are a few here who fish that area quite often m8,and they will be on soon, mainly in the nights, be patient and i am sure u will get a reply.......

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
marcus said:
welcome to the site m8...

someone will help you shortly..

Dictionary

nem•e•sis

Pronunciation: (nem'u-sis), [key]
—n.,
—pl. -sesPronunciation: (-sēz"). [key]
1. something that a person cannot conquer, achieve, etc.: The performance test proved to be my nemesis.
2. an opponent or rival whom a person cannot best or overcome.
3. (cap.) Class. Myth.the goddess of divine retribution.
4. an agent or act of retribution or punishment.

Rinky dink

·
Registered
186 Posts
long arm fishing is day time only and you must have a permit. security as been beefed up lately they will throw you off if you stay in the dark.

·
Registered
94 Posts
sorry rinky dink , give my long arm permit up 2 years ago , but thinking of obtaining 1 again, as it is near me.

·
Registered
325 Posts
theres something in the evening post this evening with a photo attached of someone with a nice 7 pound bass, caught off the long arm in the surf, i've never fished it myself but it sounds a good venue, there can be all sorts caught off there so i've been told

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
seymour fish said:
long arm fishing is day time only and you must have a permit. security as been beefed up lately they will throw you off if you stay in the dark.

I have a liceince, I have had it for years, the only reason I asked is because I haven't been down for about 3 months. Thanks anyway for replying, your right about the security gards one of them is a right B--------D big head.

Rinky dink

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rubbers said:
sorry rinky dink , give my long arm permit up 2 years ago , but thinking of obtaining 1 again, as it is near me.

If you need any details on how to get a licence let me know, there wasn't a waiting list the last time I ask for a friend about 3 months ago!!!!

Rinky Dink

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dog hop said:
theres something in the evening post this evening with a photo attached of someone with a nice 7 pound bass, caught off the long arm in the surf, i've never fished it myself but it sounds a good venue, there can be all sorts caught off there so i've been told
Its very good for conger if you know where to fish, you have to fish off very uncomfortable man made rocks if you want conger, me and my friends have caught all sorts off there.

Rinky dink

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
help me out then and give me all the info u know lol please as i havent a clue about theplace, baits tactics speices everything. after going 3 times ive only had one doggy i need help please.

flood me with info lol.

kelvin

·
Registered
544 Posts
loads of pollack at the moment whent there with my m8 last wkend had 18 total .Seen bass, loads of mullet.Allways get dogs, pout, starting to take rays and of course the conger holes on the end are producing well. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a break water about 1 miles long, its very dangerous and takes a bit of getting used to, I will have to get the details for you on monday as I'm in work at the moment, you can catch lots of conger if you fish the right spots, anything can come off here and has since Iv'e been fishing it, cod, pollock ,rays ,mackreal , gars ,pollock, conger the lot. 8/0 hooks with a flapper will get you a conger. I have had as many as ten congers out in a day and proberly missed another 20 on a good day. If you don't get them up quick they take you straight into the rocks and you will never get them out. you won't get them in on your own you will need to gone with a friend so you can help each other.

Rinky Dink

·
Registered
544 Posts
Spinning using a dexter wedge. It was a very bright day so let it sink for a count of 10 before retrieving . the old rule applies if it's sunny the fish will be low if overcast they will be higher in the water. We caught ours right on the end (beware the holes) this is a dangerous place. I will be there again this sunday 8.30 am

1 - 18 of 18 Posts